Kenwood Model 11 recycling find

Dazaa

I found this at the recyclers yesterday, very little info about it online. It's big but no monster receiver. Is there anything particularly special about it?

Attachments

• IMG_3932.JPG
    IMG_3932.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 67
IMG_2208.JPG That is a nice rig and should be over 100 wpc. I have the kenwood model 11 g. Love it.

I have one to repair It's 80 watts/channel I believe. it uses the bat wing transistors. Tabs on sides
Haven't opened it up yet
John m

Okay, I am going to resurrect this thread to clear up some of the confusion that people seem to have regarding the Kenwood Eleven series.
There are at least the following:
Kenwood Model Eleven (Mark I - 1975) 60WPC
Kenwood Model Eleven II (1976?) 80WPC
Kenwood Model Eleven III (1977) 120WPC
These were also sold under the Kenwood KL-10000 (Mark I, II, III) with a bronze / champagne face instead of silver.
Then there was the Kenwood Eleven G and Eleven GX in standard brushed aluminum. (1978) 120WPC
These were mirrored by the Kenwood KR-11000G, and the KR-11000GX, which I believe are identical and featured darker gunmetal faces.
Lastly there was the Kenwood Super Eleven, which featured a black face and some early 1980s visuals with its reverberation display. (1980) 125WPC.

I think that is it for the Eleven series, there was also the Nine series which I think were about 80WPC territory mostly, and only limited selection by comparison.
If anyone knows more, please chime in!

Back
Top Bottom