1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Kill It, Cook it, Eat It BBC 3 TV show (2007)

Discussion in 'Cooking & Spirits' started by transmaster, Jun 13, 2018.

1. transmaster

transmaster AK Subscriber Subscriber

I was thinking of Anthony Bourdain's honesty about where our food comes from and I was remembering a BBC 3 TV show that you will never, ever see here in the States, Kill It, Cook it, Eat It (2007). In this show it took you from the killing, European Hares, Red Deer, Cattle, etc. to sitting down and at a dinner table and eating them. They had a group of regular people who actually went out in the case of the Hares and Deer, Ducks, Geese, Grouse, etc and they would trap, hunt them, or pick them out at a farm. they even had a Vegan among them. When the animals were harvested they were taken by expert butchers and a chef who depending on the show the people, Either supervised the preparation by the people, or prepared it themselves. The People then sat down to a very fine dinner featuring the animals they had obtained. I remember a professional Huntsman school one of the group on how to shoot a rifle and where to shoot the Deer for a clean kill. This put a smile on my face being a sometimes hunter here in Wyoming I have experience in this area. The show was very interesting seeing people confronted with the origins of the meats they regularly eat was very educational. The episode with the cow had only one problem from my point of view, they didn't hang the meat to improve it's flavor. There are bits and pieces of the show on Youtube for the full shows I guess you will have to do it the "otherway"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. 62sunbeam

62sunbeam Raconteur Subscriber

Check out Meat Eater on Netflix

Enjoy

Eric