KLF-30 recap

Willy6

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I recently acquired another pair of KLF -30'S that are all original and I want to recap them..My first pair were recapped with sonicaps but I'm looking at dynamicaps for the second pair.Any opinions out there on this?..

I recapped my klf-20's, but it's been years. Have you looked at the Crite's stuff? If I had it to do over again, I think I'd start with the Crite's stuff first. I think it made a bigger difference. With the driver upgrades it's easier to switch back for evaluations. My .02!

I recapped my klf-20's, but it's been years. Have you looked at the Crite's stuff? If I had it to do over again, I think I'd start with the Crite's stuff first. I think it made a bigger difference. With the driver upgrades it's easier to switch back for evaluations. My .02!
Ya crites uses the sonicaps I'm just wondering if the dynamicaps are better?Certainly more expensive. .

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. I was speaking of the driver upgrades! I think he offers titanium tweeters and midrange?

Found it.

ERSE-73431Each1.80MH 14GA FOILQ- COPPER FOIL AIR CORE INDUCTORS #EAF14-1800 39.56 79.12
MISCREVEachUNWINDING FEE TO 1.6mH2.50 5.00
OBLIG-74461Each0.22uF/630V, Obligatto, Premium Gold Capacitor8.00 16.00

OBLIG-74465Each1.0uF/630V, Obligatto, Premium Gold Capacitor12.10 24.20

OBLIG-74467Each2.2uF/630V, Obligatto, Premium Gold Capacitor16.10. 64.40S

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. I was speaking of the driver upgrades! I think he offers titanium tweeters and midrange?
Just a note Bob has a ti tweeter diaphragm (excellent unit) Bob does NOT have a ti mid diaphragm, he does have a phenolic mid diaphragm. Titanium mid diaphragms are available from Klipsch through Simply speakers these are Klipsch factory original parts.

Oh, I think the midrange driver upgrade requires a xovr modification.
If you're talking about the A-55G midrange driver, I have them in my KLF-30'S and no mod was necessary. I can only assume the 20's would be the same?

Can't say enough good things about that mid driver in my 30's. :thumbsup:

I expect that member Grbluen is referring to an additional filter Klipsch uses when they use a titanium mid diaphragm with a crossover which had originally been designed for use with a phenolic diaphragm. The titanium diaphragm has a slightly more extended response when compared to the phenolic version of the diaphragm. Given the additional response there arises a small bump in the response at just past 6KHz.. this bump can be removed if desired by means of an additional filter section.The difference in response is not so large that the additional filter must be used as it only impacts harmonics and no fundamentals. There is no reason to include the extra filter section other than if you find the response difference objectionable.
I have installed ti mid diaphragms into over a half dozen speakers and I never once felt the need to include the extra filter section. I also owned two sets of Heresy 3 which use this extra filter so I am aware of the difference. This is a response tweak not a major difference. Feel free to listen to the ti mid diaphragm and see what you think, it really does take the speaker to a whole new level of sound quality.

Back
Top Bottom