Klipsch Chorus: Gutless?

I did the port modification today on my Chorus' and it really does give me more low end. Cost me all of $30. Cheap enough for some better bass......................NICE.......:beerchug:

I did the port modification today on my Chorus' and it really does give me more low end. Cost me all of $30. Cheap enough for some better bass......................NICE.......:beerchug:

What did you end up using (? The 4" 3/8 length ports from parts express, or something else?)

Last edited:
What did you end up using (? The 4" 3/8 length ports from parts express, or something else?)

I did use the PE ports and a piece of 4" pvc pipe. It took a little longer because the pe port fits inside the pvc but the pvc is to big for the port on the speaker so I had to take the woofer out and put the pipe on the port from the inside. Just extra time no big deal just had to be careful not to screw up the gasket for the woofer. Sounds great.

Then you've never heard the Heresy properly set up.

To each his own--to me, the Heresy is named appropriately--a bastardization of a speaker that uses a rather large footprint and driver to produce nothing below 60-50Hz, and "honks" if you apply power. And, yes, I have heard them many times in many different "arrangements" in terms of set-up. Any of the "three sisters" Quartet, Forte, Chorus will eat them alive any day of the week.

Forum member Tom Brennan had one of the best comments about a Klipsch Heresy a few years ago.

"The Heresy sounds best.......in a different room, face down."

Genius. LOL.

Nobody ever talks about value for the money. I think Klipsch Heresy's are very good speakers for the money they command. Don't get me wrong I agree that my Chorus 1's are a better sounding speaker but set up correctly and coupled with a decent subwoofer the Heresy's, of which I own a pair, sound great to me. I love horns and some of you don't but that doesn't take away the fact that many and I mean many people love the Klipsch sound. For the money I think they are a winner.IMO.

I did use the PE ports and a piece of 4" pvc pipe. It took a little longer because the pe port fits inside the pvc but the pvc is to big for the port on the speaker so I had to take the woofer out and put the pipe on the port from the inside. Just extra time no big deal just had to be careful not to screw up the gasket for the woofer. Sounds great.
You might try a 7" pipe sometime, that's the length that has always been reported over the years to give the most benefit.

You might try a 7" pipe sometime, that's the length that has always been reported over the years to give the most benefit.

I guess I wasn't clear. I added the pvc pipe to the port I got from PE to make it a total of 7 inches long.

I guess I wasn't clear. I added the pvc pipe to the port I got from PE to make it a total of 7 inches long.
oh, I see. It's nice you came back with your findings, most of the time people trying the method never come back with a report.

Back
Top Bottom