Klipsch KG 3.2's

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by richd860, Jan 28, 2013.

1. richd860

richd860 Vintage addict Subscriber

I have a chance to acquire a pair of Klipsch KG 3.2's,and I'm wondering if they are worth the $75 asking price.I haven't heard any Klipsch speakers for any great length,so any input would be appreciated.Thanks. Rich
  2. sxty8goats

sxty8goats Super Member

I have a set of KG 3.5's. They are from the family of the KG 3.2. The 3.5 replaced the 3.2 and do not use a passive woofer, they are instead vented. They sound pretty good all in all. Klipsch tends to be a bit brighter than many speakers and this works for some people. I tend towards a smoother high end so mine do not see as much use as say my Martin Logan motion series speakers that use the folded ribbon tweeters.

If you like a bright high end and the cones / surrounds are in good shape I think you would be hard pressed to find a better speaker at $75.
  3. janikphoto

janikphoto Addicted Member

That sounds like a deal. I haven't checked recent values, but I think they'd normally sell for $150-$200 per pair on my local CL...
  4. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Subscriber

I got a great deal on a pair of 3.2s from a local AKer @ $65
    I enjoyed them for a few months and sold them on for $125 (still a good deal) when some 5.2s became available for a steal.
    I'll sell my 5.2s when I have cash and a great deal on Quartets, Forte IIs or Cornwalls presents itself.

The 3.2s are very good speakers and $75 is a great price.
  5. richd860

richd860 Vintage addict Subscriber

I'll have them tomorrow,and will get some pics on here.
  6. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Subscriber

Did you get them and how do you like them?
  7. janikphoto

janikphoto Addicted Member

If he got them, then you already know the answer to the second question... of course he likes them!
  8. DaddyOfTwo

DaddyOfTwo Budget Audio Enthusiast

I like mine........paid $50 them.