1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Klipsch KG 3

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by Applesnapple, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Applesnapple

Applesnapple New Member

A local craigslist re-seller (he buys equipment off of people on CL, and re-posts them at a higher price days later) , is selling a pair of KG 3's for $200. Is this a fair price? I've been dying to get my hands on a pair of Klipsch for years, but it's never panned out.

2. friarmac207

friarmac207 Active Member

IMO, that's a bit high-and assuming that they're in prime shape. I just picked up a near mint pair of KG4s from CL for $150. If the KG3s are in great shape, and sound good, I recommend keeping it at $150 or less-preferably less.
    Love the sound of the KG4s :)
    David

3. fernarias

fernarias Well-Known Member

If they are perfect and you like the way they sound, why not. If you are only planning on buying 1 pair of speakers i'd advise on saving enough to buy something higher on the exclusive scale from Klipsch. There's a Cornwall II in Fresno right now for $850 and some Chorus II in Watsonville for $550. Fortes in Sacramento for $595 (but I would talk him down) and Petaluma for $475. I know it's a drive to some of these places but the weathers great this weekend and the drive to any of these places is fantastic.

Fernando

4. asp69

asp69 Active Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  5. cubdog

cubdog banging through drywall Subscriber

$200 is to high. KG4s often sell for $150. Sometimes less.

cubdog

6. 70WR

70WR Super Member

I paid $100 for a nice pair of 3.2s

7. Applesnapple

Applesnapple New Member

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll wait for either a better deal, or save up some more cash for a better set.