Klipsch KG 5.2 Speakers - Opinions?

Dr. Music

Hey fellas - I have an opportunity to pick a pair of these up for around $100. I haven't listened to them yet, I only know that cosmetically they are in great condition. What I'm curious about is, how do they sound? These days I'm running a pair of Paradigm 3se's as my mains and while they sound very good, I'm looking for something bigger and better :).....thanks in advance!

I have KG 5.5s but I can tell you this about the KG 5.2s...they were the top of the KG line in their day...probably cost about $900 new for the pair and should be able to kick out some nice bass...if they are clean, I would buy them easily for that price...I passed on a mint pair for $200 and still kick myself over that...good luck with your choice...
Bill

I have the 5.2's, with Bob Crites Titanium Diaphragms. Go run and get them NOW! Did you hear me? :D

I have the 5.2's, with Bob Crites Titanium Diaphragms. Go run and get them NOW! Did you hear me? :D

"Go run and get them now " almost sounded oriental.

I also have KG5.5
The share the same drivers as the 5.2. difference being the extra powered woofer in the 5.5. Where as the 5.2 has a passive radiator.

They get loud on a 30 watt harmon kardon.:tresbon:

"Go run and get them now " almost sounded oriental.

I also have KG5.5
The share the same drivers as the 5.2. difference being the extra powered woofer in the 5.5. Where as the 5.2 has a passive radiator.

They get loud on a 30 watt harmon kardon.:tresbon:

You go now. What you waitin for? Now that's oriental. :yes:

I have to agree, it doesn't take much power.

A friend has a pair, and I helped him replace his diaphragms with Crites. They sound great, he listens to all sorts of music on them, and he loves them. I'd say a pair is worth well over $100.

Nope, I'm just watching the accolades come in techsui!

Actually I have a friend saving them for me until after the weekend so I was in the happy situation where I can get some opinions before pulling the trigger. I've passed by a lot of different speakers over the last two years because I had no clue if they were desirable or not.

I'm gonna take a close look at them after the holiday weekend is over :)

I probably won't even bother to listen, just check the surrounds and load 'em up! I have zero doubt I'll be able to take them back if there is something amiss with them once I audition them at home. :)

For a guy who has owned a lot of audio equipment over the years, I've actually owned very few pairs of large speakers - my first were Grafyx back in the 70's followed by Fisher, Cerwin Vega, Infinity and of late my current bookshelf Paradigms. I love my Paradigms but they just don't go as low as I'd like. Upgrading to bigger Paradigms at a great price is difficult where I live, so I started looking for deals on names with a wider market, and Klipsch has always been a name I've held in high regard.

I have owned the Klipsch/THX 4.1 powered speakers and was mighty impressed by how good they sound, but I'm just not a surround kind of guy. Gimme big-assed mains, thanks :)

I have a pair of 4.2's and I love them. I am looking for 3 5.2's to do a LCR arrangement and move my 4.2's to the surrounds.

Hopefully you're not replying because you're listening to your new pair of KG 5.2's. Excellent deal on those.

I had intended to pick the 5.2's up last week but we've had storms on and off all week locally. Fear not, they are already bought and paid for - I gave them a close inspection last week - they're in absolutely wonderful cosmetic shape. Plan on bring them home tonight!

With the list you gave above, I think you will be blown away when you hear them. I dream of a pair of the 5.x's coming into my house. I have the 3 series and the 5 series should be much more goodness. I can't wait to hear what you think of them.

With the list you gave above, I think you will be blown away when you hear them. I dream of a pair of the 5.x's coming into my house. I have the 3 series and the 5 series should be much more goodness. I can't wait to hear what you think of them.

I absolutely love my Paradigms but I'm looking for a little more punch at the lower end, and finding a pair of Paradigms at a comparable price won't happen in my neck of the woods - on ebay I'd pay as much just for shipping a pair of Paradigms to my house as I did to own these!

Klipsch 5.2's were picked up Wednesday and I hooked them up tonight. Imposing is an apt word for how they look in comparison to all the other speakers I have in the house! The room they'll be in is far smaller than what would be desirable for these babies, but I'm going to give them some listening time over the weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom