Klipsch & Pioneer SX-1980 compatible?

If you started at 6 o'clock, then I'd wager you're ~20% power. If this is the case then you are hitting at ~40-50 watt peaks. That's a lot of juice for the Fortes. Not saying it will hurt anything... but it might hurt my ears if I was in the room. Rock on with your socks on Frah!

I'm not certain of the ~20% or so power output. The SX-1980 (or any of my other audio gear) does not start at the 6 o'clock position, but around the 7 o'clock position. Not a huge deal obviously, but just a minor detail.

I have an Accuphase power amp that displays output wattage, and when I play music at similar levels as the SX-1980, it seems to rarely get above 15 Watts.

I'm not certain of the ~20% or so power output. The SX-1980 (or any of my other audio gear) does not start at the 6 o'clock position, but around the 7 o'clock position. Not a huge deal obviously, but just a minor detail.

I have an Accuphase power amp that displays output wattage, and when I play music at similar levels as the SX-1980, it seems to rarely get above 15 Watts.

...but it is nice be capable of 250watts. Years ago I had a system that was capable of 1200wpc. I don't know why. I have since discovered SE amps and Klipsch.
I must confess, that I listen to strings on not-Klipsch speakers and I then use 60-70watts of solid-state clarity.

I've hooked my 1980 up to LaScala's. Both items are great, but they don't pair up well. Also the volume output is ridiculously loud.

Back
Top Bottom