Klipsch rb 61 II paired with a vintage Sansui 771?

SolarGarlic

I have tried to look this up the best I can but I can't seem to find a solid answer. Is it safe/ok to run a pair of newer klipsch rb-61 II's with an old Sansui 771 from the 70s? The reason I ask is the reciever states 100W on the back (from what I've read gives about 40w to each speaker). The klipsch speakers are 100w rms each (400w peak) if I'm not mistaken. Can these speakers be too powerful for this amp? (Not looking for the answer of "get a new amp"). Thanks!

You'll be fine with that combination. As always, when leaning on the volume control, listen for signs of distress in the speakers. Any distortion means that the amp has reached its output limits. At that point, it's time to back off the volume control, lest you blow the tweeters. Other than that caution, hook 'em up and enjoy.

GeeDeeEmm

Reference series Klipsch so great with solid state and tubes I have them hooked up to both types of amps.

You'll be fine with that combination. As always, when leaning on the volume control, listen for signs of distress in the speakers. Any distortion means that the amp has reached its output limits. At that point, it's time to back off the volume control, lest you blow the tweeters. Other than that caution, hook 'em up and enjoy.

GeeDeeEmm

Thank you. Will I still be able to get these things going pretty loud before this happens?

Thank you. Will I still be able to get these things going pretty loud before this happens?

Well, they have a 95db sensitivity, so they should play loud with very little power. How large of a room are they in?

As for that 100 watt rating for the receiver, that's how much power the receiver draws from the outlet, so 40 watts per channel seems about right.

i use my RB 61 ll'S with a marantz 2245 which is 45 watts per channel and they work just fine and sound great

Thank's guys! Just wanted to make sure I could get loud without destroying some brand new speakers! ha

Well, they have a 95db sensitivity, so they should play loud with very little power. How large of a room are they in?

Not too large, a medium sized room with high ceilings in an apartment.

Back
Top Bottom