Klipsch RC25 Center Channel...LOW OUTPUT?

ccawker

So, my KSC-C1 center worked ok with KSB 3.1s for my fronts and rears.So i decided to use my extra pair of Hereseys for my fronts and keep 3.1s for the rear.Seems the KSC-C1 was a little overmatched and the Hereseys drowned them out a little so got a hold of the RC-25 as the specs were clearly superior to the KSC-C1.
They are bi-wired (which i dont need) so i connected my speaker wires to the L/R (top 2)keeping the bi-wire "plates" secured(top to bottom + and -)as i would a regular center.
I am getting not even half the output as i was on my KSC-C1.......What am i doing wrong on this setup?

Thanks

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong by the description of how you've got it wired up. Both of those center channel models have the same sensitivity rating of 95 dB. The Heresy speakers are around 99 dB efficient. Your receiver should have settings to allow you to turn down the relative volume of the front L&R channels to compensate and balance things out with the less efficient center. As to why the RC-25 is quiet, I'm not entirely sure. It could be that it has bad wiring somewhere or a bum driver?

The impedance of your Heresy are 4 ohm while the rc25 are 8 ohm (the ksc-c1 were also 8 ohms as well as the 3.1). Can your receiver handle 4 ohm loads(probably not)? Your 4 ohm Heresy are the problem and they do make 8 ohm heresy, the II and the III.

The impedance of your Heresy are 4 ohm while the rc25 are 8 ohm (the ksc-c1 were also 8 ohms as well as the 3.1). Can your receiver handle 4 ohm loads(probably not)? Your 4 ohm Heresy are the problem and they do make 8 ohm heresy, the II and the III.
hmmmmm,i am not having problems with the Hereseys "or" the KSC C1 as the C1 has already been hooked up with the Heresys and worked just fine, just the RC25 dont.

Can your amp handle 4 ohm loads? If it can't it's not going to last very long.
Also, you said that your 3.1s worked fine with the rc45 and that the rc45 does not work with your Heresy. Perhaps the ohm rating of your ksc is not correct and that's why it's working with the Heresy. Check the ohm rating of your ksc and rc with a dmm if you have it. Also, I'm going with what Klipsch listed and they have been pulling the specs on discontinued products (soon those webpages will also be gone).

Last edited:
I can't imagine that the impedance of the L/R vs. the center would make a difference, unless the amp can't handle a 4 ohm load AND it's being run near its limits. In which case maybe the power supply couldn't keep up and the center channel gets the shaft. Which is unlikely.

If your amp is handling the Heresy's just fine, I'd look at adjusting the center channel volume up or the others down as suggested.

Someone asked above and did not get an answer: are all the drivers working on this thing?

I can't imagine that the impedance of the L/R vs. the center would make a difference, unless the amp can't handle a 4 ohm load AND it's being run near its limits. In which case maybe the power supply couldn't keep up and the center channel gets the shaft. Which is unlikely.

If your amp is handling the Heresy's just fine, I'd look at adjusting the center channel volume up or the others down as suggested.

Someone asked above and did not get an answer: are all the drivers working on this thing?
Funny you mention this........i just hooked it up to my Pioneer SX7,with baby advents on this,and i replaced one of the Advents with the center........worked fine but i think the problem is with the tweeter horn as the 2 woofers seem to be working fine but not much volume out of the tweet,hmmmmmmmmm,getting closer?????

I really did not want to adjust the volumes of my other speakers so low as to keep up with the center,but seems like that would not have worked anyway as the horn tweet i think is the culprit(very low volume ,does not keep up with the little woofers.

Never mind all......i am taking this back and getting another Heresey for my center(i think a good match to my front Hereseys),lol.

And thanks much for the input.

Heresy is great for a Center (I have three across the front of my HT) but I also like the Academy and even better than the Academy is a KLF-C7 for a Center...I've updated my KLF-C7 with a Bob Crites (BECToo here on this Forum) Titanium tweeter diaphragm...good luck with your choice

Bill

Heresy is great for a Center (I have three across the front of my HT) but I also like the Academy and even better than the Academy is a KLF-C7 for a Center...I've updated my KLF-C7 with a Bob Crites (BECToo here on this Forum) Titanium tweeter diaphragm...good luck with your choice

Bill

This right here. I use H2's (KP-201's) for front mains, and then have a KLF-C7 for center duty. Sounds great to me. I also tried an Academy but it wasn't up to the task.
I've also installed Crites XO and Ti's on both the H2's and C7

I guess I should also say that it only sounded "OK" with an Onyko no matter how many times I adjusted and balanced.
Got a cheap-ish sony, used the auto-cal and it sounds way better than the Onkyo.

Bill
Thanks,i have the Crites upgrades on my "audio only" pair and figured i did not need them too much on the surround system.

Back
Top Bottom