klipsch RF3II replacement speaker problem "bummed"

hick.man

hi all. I have a set of klipsch REF3 II's. I am running them with my NAD C375BEE and they sound wonderful. well I should say they did. I started to hear a buzzing the other night and to my horror i saw that one of the speaker cones was split from the the surround to the dust cap. so I started looking for a replacement, no dice it seems you cant find it any longer. its the aluminum gold colored cone with the black center dust cap. all i can find are the ones with out the black dust cap and the magnets dont look near as beefy. I am just sick over it. any suggestions?

Last edited:
They are out now. Someone read this post and purchased the last 3.

There are preowned woofers on ebay. Have you emailed/called Klipsch parts?

Last edited:
I sure have and I dont really want to use the other one they recommend as its pretty different actually and they even state they have no idea how it will sound.i guess Ill just keep on the look out..
thanks for the help. much appreciated.

Well, it's good to hear that Klipsch is helpful. I may have to buy some woofers and tweeter diaphragms for my RF7II while they are still available new. Should I buy two woofers and two diaphragms?
I still say you should buy a used woofer from ebay. One right now looks really nice.

its not the right one either, I did find a mint set of rf3 II's over in olympia about a 5 hour drive heheh

I sure have and I dont really want to use the other one they recommend as its pretty different actually and they even state they have no idea how it will sound.i guess Ill just keep on the look out..
thanks for the help. much appreciated.

If you can't find the original, you might consider ordering two of the replacement they recommend so that each side matches, as you watch for the original.

Back
Top Bottom