Klipsch Speakers?

Greg Nal

Audio Wizard Wannabe
Subscriber
These are at an estate sale-listed as Klipsch but I have never seen anything like them but thought I'd throw it out there to those who know more than I. I figured they're home brew cabinets with Klipsch components but won't know until I see them live and in person. Thoughts?

Klipsch speakers.jpg

You'll need to pull the grills off, but from the size they could be a Heresy type, perhaps a pro model.

Doesn't Klipsch have industrial speakers with fiberglass cabinets, like these? Looks pretty close.
klipschheresey.jpg

Not to be picky, but that is incorrect. Proper nouns (Heresy) are made plural by simply adding an "s" to the end. It does not follow normal spelling rules.

Two Marys, not Maries - two Bettys, not Betties. This rule applies to proper nouns, which "Heresy" is.:thumbsup:
yes of course, i realized that after the fact. Thanks :)

I call them my baby birch boxes. They sit adjacent to the big birch boxes.
Oh wow Birch and the babies?? Those sound cool (no pun intended.) :)

Usually they are either Black or Walnut?? Nice, did you buy them new, original owner?? How long have you had both types??

Oh wow Birch and the babies?? Those sound cool (no pun intended.) :)

Usually they are either Black or Walnut?? Nice, did you buy them new, original owner?? How long have you had both types??

I've had the La Scalas for 28 years and the Heresys for about 7. Both are vintage 1978, and their finishes accidently match. Kind of looks like the LS's had children since the decorator Heresy motorboard resembles a plain pair of La Scalas...:rockon:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nRR1-LR5a_2m7c8uOzTDupZ80EiHYlB-/view?usp=sharing

WOW those do look good together! And I'd luv, a pair of LA Bella's! But you know can't afford them still, and couldn't fit them into our home ... course if I did find a pair I could afford ...

But I wondered how long you'd had Klipsch?? I think those of us that have gotten Klipsch, tend to keep them for uh decades??? Geez I think I've had my KG 4's since 94???

Aww well I suppose ... I could sell some of my gear and then acquire a pair of Bigger Klipsch??? But selling stuff really doesn't work with a mine till I die philosophie??? Oh well what are you gonna do?? Cool speakers in any case, continue to enjoy-em! :)

WOW those do look good together! And I'd luv, a pair of LA Bella's! But you know can't afford them still, and couldn't fit them into our home ... course if I did find a pair I could afford ...

But I wondered how long you'd had Klipsch?? I think those of us that have gotten Klipsch, tend to keep them for uh decades??? Geez I think I've had my KG 4's since 94???

Aww well I suppose ... I could sell some of my gear and then acquire a pair of Bigger Klipsch??? But selling stuff really doesn't work with a mine till I die philosophie??? Oh well what are you gonna do?? Cool speakers in any case, continue to enjoy-em! :)
I started with a set of Heresys back in about 87. Traded them for a pair of near-new Chorus Ones and eventually worked my way into the Big Birch Boxes. Hauling them around for as long as I have confirms that I'll probably never part with them. They're fully Crites-equipped now and still sound amazing powered by the little single-ended tube amp I juice them with.

I started with a set of Heresys back in about 87. Traded them for a pair of near-new Chorus Ones and eventually worked my way into the Big Birch Boxes. Hauling them around for as long as I have confirms that I'll probably never part with them. They're fully Crites-equipped now and still sound amazing powered by the little single-ended tube amp I juice them with.
87 wow, I did not know what Klipsch/Horns were til the early 90's! ANd the first one's I heard were the Heresys , and I was most impressed!

Now you don't really "need" a reason but I have to ask if you have the La Scalas' why did you get the Heresy's, for a smaller space maybe???

Back
Top Bottom