Klipsch sub & pc speaker cable repair?

ultumax

the cat broke my audio cable end off of my pc speaker set , I’ve tried to repair it in successfully.
Promedia 2.1 I think .
Tried to google it but it was no help.:eek:

Last edited:
More descrption. Is it a 3.5mm plug, proprietary plug? Can you obtain access inside the plug areas; male & female. Pics are worth a post.

More descrption. Is it a 3.5mm plug, proprietary plug? Can you obtain access inside the plug areas; male & female. Pics are worth a post.
Speaker looks impossible to take apart the cable got cut in the middle was not successful in re connecting it to another aux cable wich was ruined I guess .B5D0621D-057B-4964-9562-ABEE5F0C0C6A.jpeg2DC8D407-96DD-40E3-8A2B-FBFF8492DF7F.jpeg
Failed diy fix shoulda posted it sooner .
The mini console the cables are plugged into dosnt look like you can take it apart.

How are you soldering skills? That can be soldered back together. 3 VERY thin wires that probably have a 'covering' to protect the wires; they are enamel coated. Fiberglass brush takes the protection off the wires so you can solder them. Super small shrink tube for each wire. A couple of slightly larger shrink tube to protect those wires. Back in business. IF you can't solder, then find someone that can.

How are you soldering skills? That can be soldered back together. 3 VERY thin wires that probably have a 'covering' to protect the wires; they are enamel coated. Fiberglass brush takes the protection off the wires so you can solder them. Super small shrink tube for each wire. A couple of slightly larger shrink tube to protect those wires. Back in business. IF you can't solder, then find someone that can.
Any videos on soldering? I gotta wait til I get the tool to do it tho . Ahh so that’s why you can just connect the wires like you would a normal speaker.

thanks
And are sauedering iron expensive I do not have one .

Any more help ? These would be nice to hook up to my iPhone.
This is a great sounding little 2.1system wish I could fix the cable so it works.

Last edited:
you need a simple soldering iron, something like this or some you can get locally: (no affiliation)
https://www.amazon.com/GLE2016-Sold...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KV528K2R5SGMZG5Y6A2K

Or, ask a friend with a soldering iron.

You need to peel off like 1" of the wire, so you can hold the tiny conductors stretched in some way, and scrapping with the hot soldering iron + solder, it will burn the insulation and melt the solder into the wire. Once done this, you can solder the wires.

Last edited:
It looks like you can buy cables and this one in particular for on 9.99 on ebay. You will need to solder this in. Perhaps someone can help you solder this. Anyone else in Canton, OH with a soldering station and some "skills".

C5FDCE9B-C9BD-4022-AE5F-C6CBC916E7D8.jpeg 80DD84B2-62BA-4F64-9BAE-FDB64E391A04.jpeg 063C6952-F4BF-49E4-81A5-02F39C1C3B3B.jpeg
you need a simple soldering iron, something like this or some you can get locally: (no affiliation)
https://www.amazon.com/GLE2016-Sold...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KV528K2R5SGMZG5Y6A2K

Or, ask a friend with a soldering iron.

You need to peel off like 1" of the wire, so you can hold the tiny conductors stretched in some way, and scrapping with the hot soldering iron + solder, it will burn the insulation and melt the solder into the wire. Once done this, you can solder the wires.
So It’s cheaper on amazon cool !
What in world is this thing for ? It useful for anything In Home audio ?
Looks like that thing from matrix 1.

Last edited:
I've soldered many wires like that one, not difficult at all if you have a soldering iron and some patience. Impossible to do if you don't have a soldering iron, patience, and steady hands.

You need to do more or less what I've described at post #11

View attachment 1510583 View attachment 1510584 View attachment 1510585
So It’s cheaper on amazon cool !
What in world is this thing for ? It useful for anything In Home audio ?
Looks like that thing from matrix 1.

It looks to be 12v automotive trouble shooting probe, with bulb inside the handle used to trace automobile electrical power circuits.
The sharp end helps to pierce the insulation of the wires being probed, with minimal damage to the wires insulation being probed.
Can`t envision any home audio use, or benefit.

It looks to be 12v automotive trouble shooting probe, with bulb inside the handle used to trace automobile electrical power circuits.
The sharp end helps to pierce the insulation of the wires being probed, with minimal damage to the wires insulation being probed.
Can`t envision any home audio use, or benefit.
What on earth is it for car audio ? Or electrical repair ?
Any suggestions for a good affordable soldiering iron on amazon ? Or whatever site you buy them at . I doubt I’ll find anything cheap in Home Depot .

Back
Top Bottom