Klipsch virgin here. reporting on first time listen.... wow!

Darren James

So, are all Klipsch this good?? I am in love right now....
KG 1.2's running on an old Denon DRA 635...

ylb0w5h.jpg

No, they aren't. It's like magic, even # serials are actually better on even days, and then those are the worse on odd days. Except when you're hungry and then all bets are off.

It's a love/hate relationship with me. Belles, LaScala, Heresy, KG4 and Forte ... at times with the right amp, music and room placement they can be amazing but they are what I would call a "dependent" speaker. Everything seems to make a difference and it's sometimes frustrating. Again, this is just me - others have found them to be pure nirvana. I can see a set of Khorns in my room before I retire - I just have to do it. They are my favorite Klipsch speaker and by rights, they should be. I'll never forget the first time I heard Chicago's "Greatest Hits" played on a Denon table ... McIntosh tube pre/amps though K-horns. I was in high school (1979) ... life has never been quite the same.

So, are all Klipsch this good??

If that's rhetorical, then I'll just say that horns are honky.... it's on the internet therefore it must be true.

If that's a serious question then the answer is no. As good as those are (I've never heard them but have never heard anything but GLOWING reports on that line of speakers), in the world of Klipsch, it only gets better as you go bigger.

Tired of those or want "more" of the sound? Get some Chorus or Forte's...... wnat more than that? look at Heritage and get some Cornwalls, LaScalas, Belle's or the vaunted Klipschorn.

Want more than those can offer?? Look at the Jubilee

Want something that will stomp the Jubilee?? Get yourself a pair of MWM bass bins and put a K402 on top...

Better. Much better. I'll save you a lot of time & years. For one listen to Coyote he has gone through a lot of them.
Two go BIG pass every Klipsch and get one of the Heritage series. Klipschorns, Bell's, LaScala, and Corns then upgrade the crossovers and you'll be set.
I've played Denon 3803 & Carver's through the Bell's with great results. The latter being better than the former. Oddly enough a Vintage Sony str 7055 didn't sound so good through them but a Marantz 2500 is spectacular. Klipsch seem to do well with high powered SS.
Good luck on your journey and welcome to the Klipsch side.

Back
Top Bottom