Kodak to reintroduce Ektachrome film

danj

modern primitive
In the 8mm and 135 formats. Thinks I'll grab a roll or two as soon as it hits the stores and load it into my trusty Pentax ME Super and take it to the local botanical garden or maybe the coast. Too bad it isn't Kodachrome.

I guess we'll have to send it to Kodak for processing.

In the 8mm and 135 formats. Thinks I'll grab a roll or two as soon as it hits the stores and load it into my trusty Pentax ME Super and take it to the local botanical garden or maybe the coast. Too bad it isn't Kodachrome.

I guess we'll have to send it to Kodak for processing.

Once upon a time, back in the 60s when I had a darkroom, I tried processing a roll of Ektachrome, just to see how it went. It turned out OK, but it was a lot of work and and in the end I still had to mount the slides. Of course, you couldn't do that with Kodachrome.

Wonder what happened to all those processing machines that were in every mall in north america?

They were all C41 process (for print film), slide/transparency use E6, which some labs still do. Some places still have C41 machines, generally only run them once or twice a week.

Wonder what happened to all those processing machines that were in every mall in north america?

Back
Top Bottom