Kudos to eBay's Global Shipping Program

Roving Sign

About a month ago - I sold an item to fellow in China and shipped it via the Global Shipping Program.

He said he never received it - and left me negative feedback

I called eBay - and was able to get the negative feedback removed - and had a case opened on behalf of the buyer.

So - I'm off the hook for the refund - since I successfully delivered the item to the Global Shipping facility in KY.

And with any luck - the buyer will get his money back.

That's about as good as it can get!!!

I just had a shipment go bad through GSP due to Israel's customs taking over 4 weeks to clear the item and delivered it with a critical part missing that was obviously lost when they
tore the item down looking for contraband. The buyer filed a return request left bad feedback (which was deserved for a 6 week delivery timeframe and incomplete item) and ebay refunded his money to him on their dime, let him keep the item and let me keep full payment. The item was a trumpet that had a tuning slide missing. I play test each instrument that I sell just before they go into the case for shipment, so their teardown didn't put it back together.

This is the second item that has been handled differently by GSP. I had an expensive guitar that was made in Canada that was purchased by a buyer in Canada that their customs would not allow back into their country due to the CITES act claiming an exotic wood being used in the making of the guitar. It was shipped across the border to ship to my store in the first place, but they wouldn't let it back where it was made! The buyer got a full refund, I got to keep the purchase price and someone in Canadian customs has a killer guitar!

Seller protection has been very good to me over the years, as long as I am vigilant with great pictures, accurate descriptions and timely followup on all messages with overly professional customer focused services that take responsibility for anything that I might have missed, so eBay has rarely ruled against me being a top rated seller and avid buyer/seller of theirs since '98. I do see that they have ratcheted performance standards higher and higher to receive their best seller ratings, and forced all sellers to become better performers, but that isn't really any different than any other regulation or rule in the every day world of business.

Last edited:
I had a $850 tape deck that arrived to the buyer in Canada damaged. I was ready to settle with him but decided to call Ebay first. They said since I did my part and got the item to the GSB hub in Kentucky intact (no noted damage), they would cover the full amount. They did and the buyer left me positive feedback. Very good service!

Last edited:
This is refreshing to hear. In the past, I've always been to nervous to use that service. I'll give it a try.

I just had another sale to Moscow, Russia that GSP delivery service in Moscow, never delivered the item. It shows several attempts to deliver, then shows it as not delivered. I got to keep my $ and the buyer got refunded by eBay. They stand be their claims, but services in other parts of the world aren't as good as we in the states experience.

eBay GSP is THE BEST!

They cover every problem every time.

I love global shipping!

Now, if they could do the same for US buyers.
US sales can be the worst disasters going.
There are some real retarded assholes in the US.

Last edited:
GSP is good for higher value large items and small items for tough location. It is a not really suitable for small shipments to Canada. $90 cartridge cost $13 shipping + GPS added $18 in fees, so $31 shipping for a 5 ounce package from the US to Canada. If selling small items to Canada USPS tracked shipping can do it for $10 or so and I have never had a problem.

If someone on ebay reads our comments...I just had my first GSP shipment for a $6 item. Payment notification did not scream GSP so I included the reference number almost as an after thought. That would have been a mistake. A $6 mistake but a mistake none the less.

Back
Top Bottom