Kutztown Fall 2016...

Well, another K'town in the books,,, weather was spectacular! light jacket/sweatshirt in the morning, short sleeves after the sun was up,,, Saw a few AKers,,, Gadget, Tcomisky, Nelsress, Ekimetsok.. Lots of stuff to be considered,,, I came back with 3 dozen or so tubes, a bunch of record albums, a free pair of huge potted PTs, (can you say mono blocks!!),,,, a bunch of rheostat/VC dials,,, couldn't find one that went to 11, but one goes to 20!!!!
I turned down three big PA amps, less tubes, one 6L6PPBogen, and two that I wasn't familiar with, another 6L6PP and a 6CA7PP for 5bux each,,, Also left 3 huge tubs of NIB tubes for 5bux, including the tubs!! I told the seller I'd take em if I saw one tube I recognized,, so they are still there!!!! It was the end of the day, and didn't want to deal with the shop space they required, or lugging them to the car!!!!
Not sure if I'm getting wiser or lazier in my old age!!!
Lets hear other folks Kutztown stories...

Last edited:
I managed to escape without buying much of anything. Got a handful of tubes and two "gaps" in my Sams collection filled. The big Karlson cabinet was a freebie. I also purged some duplicate books out of my Sams collection.

I did get to lay eyes on a rare Fisher-Lincoln record changer though. I've never seen one in person. Someone else had a Capehart 78 flipper changer there, and pics posted elsewhere on here lead me to believe there was a Thorens 224 that I unfortunately did not see. Lots of neat stuff to look at, but I'm pretty much at "full" these days so I do a lot more window shopping than real shopping.

I did get to lay eyes on a rare Fisher-Lincoln record changer though. I've never seen one in person. Someone else had a Capehart 78 flipper changer there, and pics posted elsewhere on here lead me to believe there was a Thorens 224 that I unfortunately did not see. Lots of neat stuff to look at, but I'm pretty much at "full" these days so I do a lot more window shopping than real shopping.
I saw the Fisher changer as well. I don't know about a Thorens TD-224, but I did see at least two ADC Accutrac +6 changers, one of which was actually working! Can't be more than a handful of those left which actually run.

As for myself, I picked up some interesting stuff, little of which had anything to do with antique radios (seems to be my MO at these things, for some reason). A Grundig RTV-320U receiver (with shortwave!), a Suzuki Omnichord, a Bang & Olufsen Beomaster 6000 (nonworking, given to me free by an AKer), a red Ericofon, a Bulova flip clock/calendar, a Majestime(?) railroad pocket watch, and various odds and ends. Had a great time hanging around with friends, particularly at the ever-so-blasphemous bonfire. Can't wait for the next show!
-Adam

I saw one of the Accutracs as well, though it wasn't actually running so I don't know if it was in operable shape. It had the Death Star and the remote with it though. Very cool piece, but I know if it died, I'd hate having to attempt fixing it.

I saw one of the Accutracs as well, though it wasn't actually running so I don't know if it was in operable shape. It had the Death Star and the remote with it though. Very cool piece, but I know if it died, I'd hate having to attempt fixing it.
That was probably the working one (rightmost pavilion). I don't think the non-working one had the remote or Death Star with it (might've even been missing the stacking spindle as well, not sure). The working one was sold at some point; pretty sure the non-working one didn't sell. About fixing one, no argument there. There's a reason why the vast majority of the Accutracs (both 4000 and +6) made went back to the factory for service at least once. I have a copy of the demo record for the Accutrac 4000, but I rather doubt I'd go too far out of my way to pick up the TT which goes with it unless it were all but thrown at me... :rolleyes:
-Adam

Back
Top Bottom