Ladies and gentlemen, your attention please.....

Rob Babcock said:
I realize the Admin don't want to post a total for fear of people thinking that there's already enough and that further donations aren't needed, but is there a goal in mind? How much are we trying to raise? Sure- as much as we can, I get that. But is there a ballpark figure we're trying to attain?

To be honest I had hoped that we would be able to raise maybe a couple of hundred to allow for the two to spend the night in hotels and have enough gas to make it there for sure. We have far exceeded that. But and theres always a but. Would it not be nice if we could help Gary get by for a little since when he arrives in Texas he has no job lined up. If we can help them get by even for a couple of weeks I know I sure would feel good in knowing we helped a fellow member maintain a little dignity and be able to afford a meal or two until they were able to provide for themselves.

Only a two more days of donating before Gary stops by my place and I just wish I could take a pic of his ugly mug as he stands there mouth on the floor shocked by the wad of cash all of you have bestowed upon him. That alone should warm the heats of many :)

Dave, I'm paypaling along another $20 that came in recently from the usual conspiracy suspects. If I were in Gary's spot, I'd appreciate every dollar anyone could send me. So folks, c'mon along!

Last edited:
I ****ed up and had a bad case of head up the ass. Maybe we can get an address for him in Tejas? I don't have a paypal account and snail mail isn't even going to be delivered on Tuesday now that it's a fed holiday.

Grumpy, your last post is really getting to me...I hadn't realized that upon arrival in Texas, there would be no solid employment, only hope...my friend, there is more headed your way...Peace and Happy New Year to all.

BTW, the amp that just sold, please feel free to use some of those proceeds as well--as you see fit.

The world is not such a bad place

theblackknight said:
Im sorry, I would like to send money, but Im only 15 and Im completely out of money right now. My folks think that, like, everybody on the web is a scammer and they would DEFINATELY NOT donate money to a person they dont know, so Id rather not go thru that argument with them again. Sorry! Best luck on your move.:yes:

To the black knight and kamakiri:
There's a lot of ugliness out there, and we are constantly inundated
in the sewage of the world. I'm part of the problem, being in the news biz.
However, you will find there are many more good people than bad.
As you go thru life (listen to the old guy), remember to consider
the source and be willing to drop the defenses on occasion. :thmbsp:
You've both been on this site long enough to see that the
people here have their hearts in the right place. You can generally
tell a lot about a person by his or her passions. My attitude
on the internet is that people are telling me the truth until they
prove otherwise. If things are not as represented, that's their problem,
not mine. A little skepticism goes a long way, but don't let the
negative stuff make you cynical. I say this as a mantra for my own
state of (alleged) mind, but if you look for the best in people, you
will be amazed at how much light there is to guide your way.

dennis

I'm glad to hear we're (hopefully) making a difference. It's a scary thing to move across the country on a wing and a prayer- I did it 15 years ago (only a 350 mile move, but with no job lined up, just a buddy to crash with for a few weeks), but I was newly divorced and had only myself to worry about. And I was young, too young to have the sense to be worried.:stupid:

I don't have my bank acct linked to PP (because I used to work for a bank!), so when my CC payment posts I may hit you for a bit more, if there's still time. It would be great if we could tide him over for a couple weeks til he gets come income rolling in.:yes:

grumpy said:
If we can help them get by even for a couple of weeks I know I sure would feel good in knowing we helped a fellow member maintain a little dignity and be able to afford a meal or two until they were able to provide for themselves.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I think he should have enough $ for a few months worth of rent or maybe buy a house.... or something like that. :banana:

Having said that, I send a bit more $ to you.... but it's not enough for a house. :no:

Man, you know what? I almost never view this forum (you can kick me later ;) ). I freaked when I read this - I could have easily missed it! I'm so lucky that I caught this thread!!!!

Gary

grumpy said:
Gary tells me he will be back on sporadically once he gets down there. I will make sure he or his wife contact you via PM when he can. I am sure both of them will appreciate your generosity :)

Great! happy NEW YEAR everybody!

grumpy said:
To be honest I had hoped that we would be able to raise maybe a couple of hundred to allow for the two to spend the night in hotels and have enough gas to make it there for sure. We have far exceeded that. But and theres always a but. Would it not be nice if we could help Gary get by for a little since when he arrives in Texas he has no job lined up. If we can help them get by even for a couple of weeks I know I sure would feel good in knowing we helped a fellow member maintain a little dignity and be able to afford a meal or two until they were able to provide for themselves.

Only a two more days of donating before Gary stops by my place and I just wish I could take a pic of his ugly mug as he stands there mouth on the floor shocked by the wad of cash all of you have bestowed upon him. That alone should warm the heats of many :)

Dave , not my business but a quick data base check for new home construction jobs showed a shitload in ca. of course. i know even in my small town which wont be soon, the electricians that do new homes are bringing to the table between 45-70hr typ bid on project. big demand for re wiring homes for the hd convergence stuff as well as upgraded boxes. which in fact i need. all the stereo's need clean power and the garage must have 220 for my creative moments. i think posting his resume at some of the better head hunters would yield great results. heck last big job i got was that way.
several folks posted and I followed up to see whom was really ready to pay me, in the end its worth the massive search. also I would provide a current ref. for him if need be. sometimes if it looks like you been out they think you should get less. hope he has phone of sorts for contacts, that might be in fact the real link to survival.

humble is hard for me , so i hope i havent over stepped the bounds here. :sigh:

Contribution sent.

As Cheech and Chong aptly put it, "Oh hey man... chew gotta chair widda udder guy..." :yes:

Going to extend accepting donations up until tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM. Now if anyone wants to send after that rest assured I will forward it on to Gary at his new home.

If you want to snail mail please use Audiokarma's address and make a note saying the funds are earmarked for Gary. Thank you.

Grumpy

Contribution sent via PayPal. Thanks for handling this Kamakiri and Grumpy. Very nicely done.:thmbsp:

Hey, just thinking outside the box for a minute. Sort of like the Great AK crap Swap, only different, if we could get a list of things that he could use (so that we don't bury him in a hundred toasters!) once he settles and has an address, if we could publish it on a thread like this one, I bet that we could fill those needs in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom