Ladies and gentlemen, your attention please.....

My paypal still aint up and going again yet so I'll send what I can in the mornings mail.Good luck to Gary, it's tough out there when your down and out.

OK folks. Gary and the misses just left. They were deeply touched by everyones generosity. Lets all wish them nothing but the best on their trip and in their new home.

I'm feeling really good about being a part of this

And to be associated with such a great group of folks.

Cheers Everyone,:beerchug:

RJ

Roughly $2165.00. Hard to keep track of all the dang PP fee.

That's great! Judicious living should allow him to stretch that into 6-8 weeks of baloney, etc.

Do you have any idea where Gary might be looking? Texas is a big place. What are his skills? Am sure several who have contributed have some suggestions. If he is headed to the Dallas area, I have a few.

Safe and smooth travels to Gary and family. I do hope that there will be work at the intended destination. I work in the construction industry, and based on what I THINK that I read from digtubees Gary might be too? The New England construction market is a bit schizoid at the moment...some sectors busy and some not, but most of the GCs and CMs that we know can't see the end of the work...yet. We have a good friend who is an electrician and it seems that he is always busy (residential small shop).

Thanks for the info Grumpy--I do hope that this will help get them there and perhaps then some. I only wish that I could have offered him a place to stay, but we are just plain too far east.

I will have good thoughts for Gary and his family :yes:

That's so Cool!

I love the idea of posting what they might need.
Also the posting for his resume online as well as puter searches might just help. I have a feeling this is the beginning of the blessings for him and he'll get the job and home they deserve. :yes:

Wow! $2100 and change! That's better than I'd hoped. That should really help out a lot. May the move go uneventfully and normalcy return quickly! :yes:

grumpy said:
OK folks. Gary and the misses just left. They were deeply touched by everyones generosity. Lets all wish them nothing but the best on their trip and in their new home.

It's too bad that we could not be there to see him off! GOOD LUCK, GARY!

That's a nice little sum, too. :D

What a great place this is...... :tresbon:

We all wish Gary and his missus the very best.

My deepest thanks to all who participated in this drive, including Henry (theblackknight). I am very proud to be a member of this fine group.

Too cool!

I've really got a good feeling that Gary is going to end up doing just great in his new home.

Grumpy

Grump,
How do the pay pal fees work in a situation like this? I've always been a buyer, not a seller, so I have no experience with these fee's. Are they calculated according to the amount of the payment as a percentage? Or flat fee?
Can you give a few examples?
In the future, I will adjust the amount of my donations to include the pay pal fee. For example if I wanted to donate 50.00, and the pay pal fee is 3.00, I will make my payment 53.00.

RJ

bigstereo said:
Grump,
How do the pay pal fees work in a situation like this? I've always been a buyer, not a seller, so I have no experience with these fee's. Are they calculated according to the amount of the payment as a percentage? Or flat fee?
Can you give a few examples?
In the future, I will adjust the amount of my donations to include the pay pal fee. For example if I wanted to donate 50.00, and the pay pal fee is 3.00, I will make my payment 53.00.

RJ

Good point- I also forgot about the PP fee.

Back
Top Bottom