Lamm LP2 Deluxe Problems

MarkD

I have an LP2 Deluxe that I've had for a number of great sounding years. Then it started with a problem. It would open the relay on the output and flash the on LED, just as it does on power on for a minute or so, but would continuously cycle. I sent it back to Lamm, ($230 shipping) and they said they found a damaged power resistor. When I asked what would cause this, their only idea was that it did not have enough space around it. I didn't have it in a tight space, but after I got it back, I rearranged things and had it sitting on top of a rack instead of on an inner shelf of my Arcici Suspense Jr. After a few months, same thing again. When I contacted them, they said it was fine when it left. I've since replaced it with an ARC, but I've still got the Lamm. I spent over $1K for this non-repair with shipping and feel screwed. I think I will stay away from Lamm from now on.

I'm sending my LP2 deluxe to Lamm and I feel this would happen. I'm from overseas and will be spending a whole lot more for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom