Laserdisk Pioneer CLD 1500

Sunshine007

Hello,

Not sure if there is someone who help me with my laserdisk player Pioneer CLD 1500. I recently could get hold of a Pioneer CLD 1500 laserdisk player for free. When the original seller was testing his device it went broke. I received it for free as I would like to get it repaired...by myself if possible but I am not an expert. Perhaps someone can help me or redirect me to someone else who can perhaps help...
Anyway, when the original owner was testing the device by inserting a CD (music), it worked. After a few trials, suddenly the device refuses to play the CD. The unit opens and closes without any issue but doesn't spin round the CD anymore. I opened it and saw that the two belts inside are intact. The arm (I guess with the laser or sensor unit) moves below the CD but comes back and stops. There is no spinning start. I have the impression that the wheel in the middle (below the CD) should spin but that does not happen. Could it be that that is the motor below ? If yes, I have the impression that there is a motor issue...
Anyone that can help me determining the issue for possible repair ?

Thanks a lot !

Kind regards
Sunshine007 (hopefully soon :))

Hi Guiler

Thanks for providing that link! I didn't know that one. I quickly read the part about the 'dead laser'. I already did the test by removing the cover hood. The whole CD starting procedure with player's hood removed - and after properly loading the CD in the position - the CD does not spin at all. However, the laser itself emits red beam a few times, moves under the CD and then comes back to the original position and stops. I cleaned the lens already with a dry piece of paper as well but no result.

Kind regards
Sunshine007

It's possible that what you have is a dead spindle motor. Not expensive, but likely hard to find.

Cheers,
Larry B.

Hi Larry

Thanks for your reply. Could a slight 'misplacement' or slight bad positioning of the CD also prevent the motor from spinning ?

Thanks

Hi Guiler

Thanks for providing that link! I didn't know that one. I quickly read the part about the 'dead laser'. I already did the test by removing the cover hood. The whole CD starting procedure with player's hood removed - and after properly loading the CD in the position - the CD does not spin at all. However, the laser itself emits red beam a few times, moves under the CD and then comes back to the original position and stops. I cleaned the lens already with a dry piece of paper as well but no result.

Kind regards
Sunshine007
In the future, its not wise to use paper to clean lenses or tape heads. Its more abrasive than you might think to do so. You can get lens papers for cleaning eyeglasses from a drugstore. These are designed for the purpose and work very well.

As far as disc player, is the lens assembly trying to focus, moving up and down? Ive seen those fail, while the laser itself is ok.

Hi again Larry B.

Can a spindle motor of another Pioneer device (let's say a Pioneer CD player for instance) also be used for replacing the (suspected broken) spindle motor of my Pioneer CLD-1500 laserdisk player ?
If yes, what type ? Or to what should go my attention to in that case ?

Kind regards
Sunshine007

Back
Top Bottom