Late 60's/early 70's favorite stylized films?

The Good the Bad and the Ugly (watched it with my 13 year old the other day)

The President's Analyst (James Colburn and Godfrey Cambridge)

A few come to mind....

"Husbands" - John Cassavettes, Ben Gazzara, Peter Falk.

"I never sang for my father" - Gene Hackman, Melvyn Douglas, Estelle Parsons.

"Parallax view", "Silent running" - already mentioned.

"Little big man" - Dustin Hoffman, Chief Dan George.

.....and the greatest movie ever made - "Network" :thmbsp:

Ron.

"Beyond The Valley of The Dolls" Directed by Russ Meyer and written by Roger Ebert!
It doesn't get any better (or worse, depending on your point of view) than this!

This may be a little off what most of you are posting, but remember that last, great, Peter Sellers flick, "Being There" ? It was partially filmed at Biltmore in Asheville, about 2 hrs from here.

Sandy G said:
This may be a little off what most of you are posting, but remember that last, great, Peter Sellers flick, "Being There" ? It was partially filmed at Biltmore in Asheville, about 2 hrs from here.

Yes. Chauncey (the) Gardener was great. I think Shirley McClain was still on her first life back then. :scratch2:

Ron.

not sure of the date but i think it qualifies, and it is a great flick with the best ending ever... - a boy and his dog -

Icon said:
not sure of the date but i think it qualifies, and it is a great flick with the best ending ever... - a boy and his dog -

Top 100 SciFi for me.

"You know, I really liked her."

Couple more Peckinpah films, The Wild Bunch and a few years later The Getaway w/Steve McQueen. Also the Leone film Once Upon a Time in the West, not a trippy film but something modern Hollywood can't replicate. You've probably seen these films anyway, ok I'll stop now. :)

The Tenth Victim

Here ya go Deli. You want mod? A future conceived in 1965 that looks like 1975? How about Italian style? With Marcello Mastroianni and Ursula (Undress) Andress both in top form? Very mod indeed as they use Rome as they hunt each other. Got it on vhs don't know if it made it to dvd. " A must see for Ursula's pistol-bra scene alone ! "

Oops.. That would be " The 10th Victim "

Last edited:
Great suggestions. A few that always get me into a mod kind of mood "Blow up", the original "Italian Job", "Danger: Diabolik" (1968), the original "Thomas Crown Affair", "Funeral in Berlin" and bleeding into the 70's, "Sleuth" is one of my favorites of that decade.

Back
Top Bottom