Latest Score!

Hey Mike,

If you're into collecting tubes, I'll send you a bunch of 5U4s and 6L6s, along with some other good ones, for the cost of UPS. Lemme know :cool:

Interested?

Thank YOU Tim... just let Me know what I owe Ya! What's the deal, don't have tube equipment, or did but no longer... how'd you come into the tube stash? Ok, I'll shut up now and count my blessings.

MikE

MikE:

This is my first post on this Board! (I'm a little behind the pack in moving over!)

Those are nice looking tubes. I bought a similar looking pair of 5Y3's a few weeks ago for my Wright 3.5 2A3 monoblocks, and I love them.

Now, on to other postings....

Jobman

They're a lot of old pulls from my formative years of stripping garbage TVs and radios when I was a kid, and a lot of NOS that's laying around. PM me your address, I'd love this stuff to go to a good home.

I've got about 500 or so tubes laying around in just about every style....before audio I was into antique radios and TVs....wait, I still am! :D

5Y3

Howdie

What 5y3s did you get? I've got a few; two NOS Bendix 6106, Ken-Rad, National-Union, and two Sylvania 1944 Sylvania jan-chs 5y3s. Can the Wrights use anything other than the 5y3s? Are the OPT wound to accept 3amp tubes like a 5u4 or 5v4? I've got a bunch of rectifers; 5ar4 Amperex "metal base", Mullard "fat base", 1939 RCA "coke bottle" 5r4, Majestic st 5u4, Chatham "potato masher" 5r4. I really luv this non-descript RCA 5u4gya. I've got the two RCA 5v4's coming along with another 5v4 from another auction. See ya!

MikE

In the stuff I'm sending you I know there's NIB Westinghouse and RCA 5U4s. If memory serves me correctly, the 5R4 is the more heavy-duty version of the 5U4, being used a lot in military applications (and JAN of course means Joint Army Navy). The 5Y3 is a common tube for late 30s/early 40s radios, and of course any TV guy will tell you that 5U4s are in the power supply section of just about every 1940s/early 50s TV set that isn't series-string. You of all people should come to the AWA (Antique Wireless Assn) meet and world's largest antique electronics swap meet in early Sept in Rochester. There are people from all over the world there. If you are looking for ANY tubes, that's where to find them. Last year there was a guy that had a whole table of blue mirrored Arcturus tubes as I recall....beautiful stuff!

I might make the AWA meet this year, though I might not have any vacation left by the end of August... fortunately I work in Rochester, right around the corner. My tube collection (about 1000) doesn't seem to contain many of the tubes I want - I'm thinking of building an amp with four 17JZ8s, since I have a dozen of those...

My new web page http://www.audiophool.cjb.net/

LOL that's always the way it is eh? Millions of tubes, just not the ones I want! Story of my life... ugghhh

Macedon NY you don't say? I was born in Rochester. My Dad had a great job at Eastman Kodak. Love to go back again some day just to visit. Alas, since the 60's soooo much has changed I hear.

Anyway, welcome to this friendly forum! :yippy:

Don't tempt me

The world's largest tube swap meet! HaH! Tell me more about it. Guys, I've bought a few vintage (figure if I keep using that term the VINTAGE guys may not view me, so much, as some kind of a$$hole) tube caddies to put my stash in and wouldn't you know it I bid on ones' that are chock full of valves already! Oh well, nice way to add to your bootie. Most of my collection is pretty much what I want (or wanted at the time) and as we all find out what we thought was a "BIG deal" (in technology or replay preference) becomes yesterday's headlines-QUICK!. So I've got a bunch of nice tubes just sitting around (with no devices to plug them into - anymore). Now where can I get my hands on some (or even one more) Cunningham CX-345 globes??? WildWest, thanks for making our newest member welcome. Glad to have you on board Tom!

MikE

Hi MikE. I'll keep an eye open for ya on the Cunningham CX-345 globes. I've recently picked up a Cunningham 27...you know...just in case I ever get a preamp that uses them. I've also ben bidding on a few 45's too (you know...just in case ;) )...what's your ebay moniker? I wonder if we have bid against eachother. Mine is gonefishin4smallies

Have a good summer>>>>>>>>

Thanks friend!

My Ebay monikor is MOTH2A3 - imagine that! If I'd known I'd have used Moths45 or Moth45, but that was estabilished before I took delivery on the Moth sweetheart!

Regarding the CX345 Cunningham's, I have NO PROBLEM finding them, I just don't want to pay through the nose for'em. I got the NOS 345 for dirt cheap. I suppose I'll break down and snag another one here soon.

MikE

Back
Top Bottom