Le Creuset Outlet Stores

Zeego

Illegitimi non carborundum
Just wanted to post this for the uninformed. If you're lucky enough to have a Le Creuset Outlet nearby, I highly advise taking advantage and purchasing a few of these culinary marvels. Best I've ever cooked with. Picked up this braiser for $160 which is about 40% retail. Get you one of these and a dutch oven and you're set! :thumbsup: Next one for me is a roasting pan.

braiser.jpg

When I was in grad school (1980), I got an unexpected bonus check for $300 from my boss, just as Macy's had a nice Le Creuset set on sale -- frying pan, a large and smaller covered baking casseroles, two wood-handled stovetop pots and small pot with a lid that was also a frying pan. As a bonus, they tossed in a small oval baking pan -- all for about the amount of my check. I still have 'em and still use 'em every day. I've added a few other pieces along the way, but they last forever. Good investment.

Agree that these are a great value, some slight cosmetic flaws that do not affect cooking. I have several pieces but my favorite is the 15 quart dutch oven, a/k/a " the wrist breaker." Heavy sumbitch, almost snapped my thumbs first time I cleaned it. Fantastic for soups, stews and tomato sauce. Easy to clean as well thanks to the enamel coating. My favorite cooking instrument.

Le Creuset also sells Thiers-Issard Sabatier Carbon Steel Knives, (with the Elephant logo), which I have bought when on sale or I had a coupon, mostly one a time. Excellent value for the money, they, along with my Le Crueset pots will outlive me by a wide margin.

If you don’t have an outlet, also try Marshall’s HomeGoods. You can get the same sort of deals there. Having trouble finding a braiser color the Mrs. likes, but the price is in the same ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom