Let the shopping begin..

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
Yesterday Grumpy and I were able to get the information on our first 4 families. I was able to contact all 4 today and have shopping trips set up starting on Saturday. When chosing the families we look for families that maybe others may not adopt.

One of the families is a handicapped mother with an autistic son. Her income is just enough to pay the bills and her autistic son doesn't understand why Santa hasn't been able to come to their house. She just wants him to have a Christmas present.

Another family is a single mom with 4 kids. Her husband just deserted her right before her youngest was born earlier this year. With all the hardships this year she just wants her kids to be able to have a present under the tree.

We found a single working mom with 2 little boys who just makes enough to pay her bills and just needs a little help.

The last family is a single mom with 2 kids. She has had her hours cut at work at is having a difficult time paying the bills and would appreciate any help with providing her children with presents at Christmas.

I always like making the calls to the families. The reactions range from not believing to crying. And in some cases they just can't say Thank you enough. And I have to pass this on to every single member here who has participated in any way with raising money for the families.

Another great thing that AK members have helped to do.
With your generosity AK was also able to make a donation to a Gleaners food bank. The donation was enough to supply 600 meals to the hungry this holiday season.

For the past 5 years the members here have trusted grumpy and I with shopping for the families. Every year I look forward to meeting these moms, dads and sometimes the kids. Every single family touches my heart and in a lot of ways I can relate to many of them. They are no different than some of us, they struggle everyday to pay their bills, keep their kids safe and make their children happy. Circumstances have just put them in a difficult situation. I do my best to make them feel comfortable with me and like my kids always say, I can talk to anyone and get them to talk to me because I care what they have to say. I just hope that in some way when I post about the families that you can feel some of the joy that you have helped bring into their lives.

I cannot say Thank You enough for allowing me to be a part of Adopting Families.

As soon as I shop with the families I will post more of their story and our shopping experience.

Nancy
Ms Grumpy

Thank you so much for doing this and to all who are offering items and bidding!
As a recent subscriber, I couldn't be happier that I found this site.

I would also like to add my thanks to you both for doing this. It is amazing some of the items offered and the bids that have been generated. Proud to call AK my only audio home!

Hope you're feeling better Nancy and Dave and Happy Holidays to you both.

All the best, Bob & Patty.

Damn!! Nancy your bring in the tear-jerking stories now.:(

Good luck on your shopping trips.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Damn!! Nancy your bring in the tear-jerking stories now.:(

Good luck on your shopping trips.:beerchug:

The real life stories of some of these families just rip my heart out. I want to pass on what a difference you guys make in their lives.

:lurk:
It was these stories that motivated 313gal and I to help out this year!

I am so happy to hear that !! I really try to share all the emotion with you guys. I wish that I had been an english or journalism major so that I was better able to tell the stories with more emotion. But I am so glad to know that people are touched by the stories.

Back
Top Bottom