Lets see all them Amplifiers!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT??? An original '74 Super Lead for $150??? :yikes: How did you score one for $150??? :confused::confused::confused:

Right place at the right time, as always :D
First vintage Marshall I've ever owned, as they're always $1500 minimum for anything decent, and I don't care to spend that kind of dough on a guitar amp.

Right place at the right time, as always :D
First vintage Marshall I've ever owned, as they're always $1500 minimum for anything decent, and I don't care to spend that kind of dough on a guitar amp.

Yep, $1,500 if you're lucky! That's WAY beyond luck! You must have golden horseshoes falling out your backside! lol Amp score of the year! :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    947 bytes · Views: 0
Unlike my brother im not musically inclined but im still considering a marshal amp for the garage:)
th

I just got a pair of Mather 1x12 ovalback cabs to go with my 6L6 based Landry head. The cabs are loaded with Celestion Cream Alnicos and sound like heaven.

AMP.JPG

Last edited:
My favorite is my twin reverb for large areas. Small rooms and practice amps my Princeton stereo chorus is a really versatile amp. The twin is just too heavy so i installed rubber wheels to roll it around. A friend of mine is a Hammond B6 lover. I did some work for him on his Leslie and he gave me a Hammond external speaker with a huge cabinet Nine ten inch speakers and two 12 inchers. I rewired all drivers in series parallel to present an 8 ohm load to the twin. All drivers are original alnico magnets. The clean SPL levels of this external speaker are suitable for stadium gigs plus no vibrations to the twin itself. The re issue amps don't stand up as well to vibration as the older point to point wiring on the originals.

It was modded by "the guy" back in the day...Jose @ ARRCO. The extra gain stage is a nice addition to the amp; its like having a really good sounding distortion pedal built into the amp
How its done, is you can use Channel II as a high gain stage, it then becomes a single channel amp. But you can plug in either pre or post the high gain stage.
This was the premise for the Marshall 2203 and 2204 amps that came along in 1976 (I think it was).
I have a 1974 1959 which I turned into a 2203, I fiddled around with gain vs treble boost to get the right sound...then I copied my treble boost settings into my 1983 Marshall 2203, Job done!!
I love my amps, I have had them both since 1984.....
I also changed them to run KT88 tubes.
Many times I have tried other amps, boutique hand made things of all sorts of origins....and nothing gives me the same pleasure as these amps...
IMG_0054.JPG

Hi folks. I've been playing acoustic guitar on and off for decades. I bought my first electric guitar and a tiny practice amp a few weeks ago. Today I found a better amp in local ads, a like-new Radio Shack MPS-50. The guy said his Dad used it twice for PA and it went back into the box. Has 50 watts, 12 in. driver, 2 inputs with reverb and distortion control. I'm a know-nothing about stuff like this, but it sounds great to me.

rps20190303_173609.jpg rps20190303_173635.jpg rps20190303_173052.jpg rps20190303_173655.jpg

How its done, is you can use Channel II as a high gain stage, it then becomes a single channel amp. But you can plug in either pre or post the high gain stage.
This was the premise for the Marshall 2203 and 2204 amps that came along in 1976 (I think it was).
I have a 1974 1959 which I turned into a 2203, I fiddled around with gain vs treble boost to get the right sound...then I copied my treble boost settings into my 1983 Marshall 2203, Job done!!
I love my amps, I have had them both since 1984.....
I also changed them to run KT88 tubes.
Many times I have tried other amps, boutique hand made things of all sorts of origins....and nothing gives me the same pleasure as these amps...
View attachment 1438042
Chicken head knobs for easier reference?

Here's the Gigantor jr. (Modded epi valve jr. With custom next door neighbor painted). Did the Hammond OT, solid state bridge rectifier. Larger filter cap. Push/pull tone knob with some fendery sounding caps and a gain knob. Still gotta put the circuit board back in and buy knobs

Attachments

• IMG_20190425_190428263.jpg
    IMG_20190425_190428263.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 20
My two amps. Would love to sort headphone ability on Switchblade 50.

Attachments

• IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2003.PNG
    IMG_2003.PNG
    258.3 KB · Views: 9
A dirty old ('64-'66?) Alamo Galaxie twin 12. (2571?)

PP 6l6 (according to the tube lineup sticker) but it had 7591s in it.
7199 for the phase splitter I would guess, and four 12AX7. 5U4 rectified. Normal and vibrato channels, with a little speaker output transformer for a external speaker.
Utah speakers. Missing some knobs and the carry handle, but that's it. Complete with cigarette burns and dust...

A freebie. It supposedly works with the usual PS issues, and a tremolo problem.

Attachments

• DSCN3202.JPG
    DSCN3202.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN3203.JPG
    DSCN3203.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN3204.JPG
    DSCN3204.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
A dirty old ('64-'66?) Alamo Galaxie twin 12. (2571?)

PP 6l6 (according to the tube lineup sticker) but it had 7591s in it.
7199 for the phase splitter I would guess, and four 12AX7. 5U4 rectified. Normal and vibrato channels, with a little speaker output transformer for a external speaker.
Utah speakers. Missing some knobs and the carry handle, but that's it. Complete with cigarette burns and dust...

A freebie. It supposedly works with the usual PS issues, and a tremolo problem.

Some of those Alamo amps are supposed to be real sleepers. I have never seen that larger model before though. Looks simple and well laid out with decent quality components. Get it re-capped by a knowledgeable guitar amp tech and have the death capacitor removed while it's on the bench. After a restoration, I bet that thing would sound really good. Nice score! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom