Lets See All Them Axes

Dean Hardtail
190373_10150102591192551_5326010_n_zps3olkb5d5.jpg

Oh man,that colour,that neck! I think I'm falling in love:rolleyes:
It's funny because what sold me was how the neck felt, and I was not that drawn to the color. It really has grown on me in 2 short days. Pictures really don't do it justice either. It looks twice as nice in person.

It's funny because what sold me was how the neck felt, and I was not that drawn to the color.

Beautiful!!!! One of the nicest playing basses I've ever played had a Warmoth all Rosewood neck on it, no finish, just the most amazing feel. It looks great but personally I think it needs a tort pickguard... but I think ALL fenders need a tort guard :p

I have too many. It's getting out of hand...again. Been making my own for years though I have a few I didn't make, notably my 36 Gretsch archtop, 63 Dano 1440, a Les Paul PeeWee, squire mini and a Yamaha acoustic. Have two builds underway way right now. If you count them then I currently have 13. Back in the 80s I was a collector and got up to about 26 before I got out of that. (got too crazy and space was an issue).

Last edited:
Well, I guess FWIW. I should post some 5+ year old pics of my non "WAF"(because none exist) approved dining room`s 30 year collection of vintage guitars and tube guitar/bass amps..
There are more guitars than in these pictures and a tube amp or two that I`ve been offered and purchased since..

Pretty sick, if I might say so myself, especially since I am physically unable to play anymore since late Nov. 1981..
But I do enjoy the sound of them when my guitar playing friends drop by to stretch their legs, and they get a beer or two for taking them out for a spin, and seem to enjoy themselves whilst doing so, as I impose no loudness restrictions on them.

Sorry about the crappy looking pics, I had not learned how to use my Cannon DSL at that time and took them with my Dell laptop`s camera !! Kind, regards, OKB
120031.jpg 120545.jpg 120716.jpg 120910.jpg

Well, I guess FWIW. I should post some 5+ year old pics of my non "WAF"(because none exist) approved dining room`s 30 year collection of vintage guitars and tube guitar/bass amps..
There are more guitars than in these pictures and a tube amp or two that I`ve been offered and purchased since..

Pretty sick, if I might say so myself, especially since I am physically unable to play anymore since late Nov. 1981..
But I do enjoy the sound of them when my guitar playing friends drop by to stretch their legs, and they get a beer or two for taking them out for a spin, and seem to enjoy themselves whilst doing so, as I impose no loudness restrictions on them.

Sorry about the crappy looking pics, I had not learned how to use my Cannon DSL at that time and took them with my Dell laptop`s camera !! Kind, regards, OKB
View attachment 1015207 View attachment 1015210 View attachment 1015212 View attachment 1015213

Nice SG Custom. Is it refinished? It looks like some kind of power blue. Or is that just the lighting? And what year is the Les Paul? Nice collection! :)

Wow Bill, just wow! I need to move into your basement for about a month. I'll bring my 69 SG Standard since Gibsons seem to be inadequately represented.:cool:

Nice SG Custom. Is it refinished? It looks like some kind of power blue. Or is that just the lighting? And what year is the Les Paul? Nice collection! :)

Thank`s for the compliment Eywadude, and yes the 68 SG custom is unfortunately painted a baby blue !!
As it was when offered to me 8 years ago, by my long time excellent guitar teaching friend after he had it wrongly painted by a Brit. student !!
I`m not positive without looking in my vintage collection appraisal paper work, but I believe the Paul is a 72..
It was offered to me back in the early 2000`s by my customer/friend who used to play guitar in Lynyrd Skynyrd, after they reformed, post plane crash.

He also sold me his original baby blue early sixties Strat too.. Somebody told me after I purchased it that they saw a music video on TV of my friend playing it in the band..
He, like most if not all guitar player`s who sold me some of their guitars that are in the collection fell upon hard times over the years and offered me the attractively priced axe`s/amp`s, with no solicitation on my part.. In fact that`s how I acquired ~98 + % of the gear you see in the pictures !!

In fact I always reminded them when they approached me that they could very easily get way more money by selling on line, ect.
But they said they knew that, but that they did not wish the hassle and that they knew that once the guitar/amp became mine, that 1st : It would never sold, while I was alive, even back to them at a profit, and that they could also get the funds they needed right then and there, with no hassle, as I most likely had already worked on it ,or electronically restored it(usually the tube amps)..

And # 2: that they could always stop by and play their "baby" if they wanted to.. :)

I also, never asked the more notable players for a letter of authenticity(prominence, or whatever it`s called?!?) of prior ownership, as a descriptive sales receipt was all I needed for insurance reasons and I felt bad about their situation and didn`t wish to exploit them/that.. (good Karma, and I can always use all I can get !!) YES !! :blah:

Anyway, thanks for your interest and compliments Sir.

Kind regards, OKB

Wow Bill, just wow! I need to move into your basement for about a month. I'll bring my 69 SG Standard since Gibsons seem to be inadequately represented.:cool:

HA !! Weeb Sir. no basement`s usually here in FL. !! To much ground water !!

Gibson guitars, though not as many as Fender, are either not well seen in the pictures, or in closets because of space limitations including a circa something SG STANDARD.. I even have a black 1954 Les Paul with those lovely sounding, but kinda noisy "Soap Bar" pickups and a unusual and somewhat uncommon "Professional Deluxe ES 335- S" stock gutsy sounding guitar from the eighties..
I would have to dig up my collection appraisal paper work for more detailed information, that is updated every 10 years or so, and Damn near soiled myself when informed of the appraised value from ~4 years ago !!

Maybe I`ll see if my housekeeper/personal assistant has scanned, or will scan the most up to date appraisal and post it, if enough folks are interested..

I`m not obsessed with these things and don`t think about them much as I`ve been in the "Rock-n-Roll business" in various capacity`s since 1967 from a roadie for local HS. bands up here to a well rated FOH sound engineer and a also well regarded audio equipment bench & field repair tech. both in South Miami and up here later on..

My father set me going when in 1973 when he(as a late 1930`s GA tech engineer graduate) looked me in the eye and asked me one afternoon, if I thought I was a good sound engineer, in which I responded: "Well I`m told so by many people"... I which he replied : "Can you explain to me in technical terms, everything that happens in a audio system, from the sound hitting the microphone all the way to the sound leaving the speaker/s, acoustics, repair, and understand them?? In which I had to reply that no, not really all of it !! :dunno:And he then said : "Then your not really a Sound Man" !! And I said, "your right" !!
And set about to learn everything I could find and to study my ass off from that point on.. :crazy:
I`m very, very grateful to him for that kick in the pants, because I never had to apply for any audio related job after self studying for 2 years.. :bowdown:

Anyway sorry about that diatribe !!! :blah:

Take care, and thank you for your interests in my collection..

Kind regards, OKB

Here's the latest. It's a very well put together partscaster. The birds are woodburning. Swamp ash body and Dimarzio pickups of some kind. 7.2 pounds. It has a chunky but not huge neck. I think I'll eventually swap the pickups for something chimier, but no hurry. Chrome covers and neck pickup ring would look a lot better though I think.

37405758152_83454a2548_b.jpg

36727121674_838959e9fe_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom