Lets See All Them Axes

Yep. They sure do. They came from a bunch of bands and picked up the pieces. ;)
I have a Good Feeling to Know that I have spent time with Richie Furay and Rusty Young from Poco. Very nice folks, indeed.

Have tickets to see Jim Messina in a small hall later this year.

For now, just enjoying my last (and final) electric.

h7C96vz.jpg

I am into Ibanez Guitars with a love of 78/79 Musicians and also some Artists. I love my most recent addition, the 2017 Prestige (made in Japan, not China) Ibanez Artist AR-2619 (far right). The patriarch of the Ibanez Family is the 1979 Ibanez Musician MC-500, center stage pic. Now that is a guitar! I also am (see my avatar) a Fanatical Ritchie Blackmore Fan. Therefore, I just had to have his Fender Signature Strat. Nice strat for a "Made in Mexico" version. It is delegated to the corner of the room as the main stage is for the family of Ibanez. Poor Ritchie...................... outcast......... He would LOVE IT!

Guitars.jpg Guitar.jpg

Last edited:
Mostly jazz standards, but I do like me some Poco. That band definitely has an interesting history.
Tangent connection...............Poco opening for The Eagles summer of 75 on the "One of These Night's" tour (Pre-Walsh) was my first "real" concert in Huntsville Alabama's Von Braun Civic Center. Now that was a first concert to remember...........................:beatnik:

Nuthin wrong with an Ibanez guitar. I prefer mine over the 79 LP standard I had. Can't play any more but just can't get myself to part with it. It's almost family. :)View attachment 1255664

That one has a gorgeous top. Really. How's the sound of it? I've owned many Ibanez over the years and found their HB PUPs "ok" and, in a few instances, better-sounding than Gibby HB PUPS of certain vintages, esp. those manufactured @ the late Norlin years.

I have a Good Feeling to Know that I have spent time with Richie Furay and Rusty Young from Poco. Very nice folks, indeed.

Have tickets to see Jim Messina in a small hall later this year.

For now, just enjoying my last (and final) electric.

h7C96vz.jpg

That is a handsome devil. How's she sound?

That one has a gorgeous top. Really. How's the sound of it? I've owned many Ibanez over the years and found their HB PUPs "ok" and, in a few instances, better-sounding than Gibby HB PUPS of certain vintages, esp. those manufactured @ the late Norlin years.
Thank you. I haven't played it in about 5 years but if memory serves it always had a nice thick punchy Gibson sound, but a lot lighter to have hanging off your shoulder for 5 hours a night. ;) In 1979 I bought a new 79 Gibson Les Paul Standard (cherry sunburst of course) and we parted ways a couple of years later because it was so damn heavy. Went through several guitars that didn't measure up until a friend of mine who bought the Ibanez new got himself a Fender Telecaster so he wanted to unload the Ibanez. I got it cheap and ended up using his Tele as a backup guitar for a gig and I'm saying he made a BIG mistake in selling me the Ibanez and buying the Tele. They weren't even in the same league as far as sound and playability. The Roadstar II just blew that Tele out of the water in every aspect.

I really like the look of the solid red one. What model is that?

It's a 1985 RS240.

Fine guitar but I'm a single coil guy at heart and those blade single coils leave a lot to be desired.

Neck is more chunky than the 83 RS1000 and a big bigger than Ibanez is generally known for.

That is why I bought my RS315 and swapped out the humbucker for a tele pickup!

Twins-01.jpg
James, for my tastes and style of music played my buddies Tele just had way to much twang and was tinny sounding compared to the humbuckers in my Ibanez. The gig I mentioned I broke a string one song into the first set so I had to play the Tele for the rest of the set and I just couldn't get the sound or the power I wanted out of it. To each his own.

Back
Top Bottom