Let's see those LP stashes/storage spaces

Taylor Player

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So there are thousands of posts of listening spaces, but I'm curious about where folks keep their vinyl and other gear.

You know, those back rooms, closets and overflow areas that our hobby creeps into any time a spare cubic foot (or less) of space opens up.

My vinyl storage/work space is in an unfinished portion of my basement that adjoins my listening space. I had to move it there when the number of LPs outgrew the capacity of my main room. I run a recapped set of Polk Monitor 7's in there so I can enjoy my music as I sort, clean and file vinyl or work on a piece of gear. :music:

It's cluttered with an odd mix of unfinished projects, tools, shelved gear, guitars, shipping supplies and stored "wall art" that's out the rotation in my main living space, but still...I suppose it has its own charm. :D

8135166611_8fc4c2999e_b.jpg

8135194194_6c7317d5f0_b.jpg

So, let's see so those storage/work areas guys; display them with pride!

Nice collection, like the auto posters.

Would have to take a few pics of the storage in the garage and upstairs. Maybe in a couple of days.

Counting just one section then multiplying it by number of sections I have came up with 4300 in my front room!

Heck I have about 1000 clean albums in my flea market booth that are duplicates of what I have. I've been doing the booth for just at a year....Yes I have been real busy with it!

Well, i'm kind of ashamed to show my little record collection, maybe 360 records.

The space is shared with my 14 month son, so you see a lot of toys laying around and most of the time is children's videos playing on the TV.

We live in a condo, so do to limited space and WAF (wife aproval factor) i have been limited in my record hunting. I'm more selective now, but once i fill those spaces on the bottom, i'll have to figure a way of storing my records.

I have a little office/studio with another TT, TV and where all my DVDs and Cds are.

So here it is.

2012-10-30063052.jpg
[/IMG]

2012-10-30063028.jpg
[/IMG]

2012-10-30063016.jpg
[/IMG]

2012-10-30063101-1.jpg
[/IMG]

2012-10-30064239.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers for the advice,will move the ones on top to the bottom with the others,then i'll give them a big push,so they're more upright,later tonight :thmbsp:
I still like em,it's just me been ultra lazy,as I've got too used to the convenience of CD,so much easier to play my fave tracks over and over again etc without having to leave the comfort of the armchair.

Back
Top Bottom