Lets see your Basements

Getting ready to spin some tunes and clean some vinyl.
om7itrx.jpg

View attachment 981128 View attachment 981123 View attachment 981125
Just a precautionary note, what can happen in minutes, even with a backwater valve. First pic is before. Second, the former audio/bar room. Third, is the former pool room. After two sewer backups within month. Carpet, drywall, trim, doors gone. Audio and most contents saved. Moved out between floods. No floorstander speakers that would have been toast.

Feel for you. Tough break having that kind of damage and many basements are susceptible to that.

Bob,
Possessions stacked upstairs and garage. Not sure when I'll rebuild. And if I'll put down flooring again. Carpet glue does not want to release with chemical remover and scraper. Won't be hosting next AK local getogether.
Can always be worse. Feel for people in Houston area.

Bob,
Possessions stacked upstairs and garage. Not sure when I'll rebuild. And if I'll put down flooring again. Carpet glue does not want to release with chemical remover and scraper. Won't be hosting next AK local getogether.

I was out of town when our basement flooded but that wasn't sewer.
But yeh, basement floods are a lot easier to take than epic storms.

Lots of diffraction!

Fortunately I never listen down there except for test tracks when fine tuning a fix ... I've got four cheepo speakers (quad is king!) nailed up into the rafters for that ... they can defract all they want ... <G>

View attachment 981128 View attachment 981123 View attachment 981125
Just a precautionary note, what can happen in minutes, even with a backwater valve. First pic is before. Second, the former audio/bar room. Third, is the former pool room. After two sewer backups within month. Carpet, drywall, trim, doors gone. Audio and most contents saved. Moved out between floods. No floorstander speakers that would have been toast.

Sorry to see this. We had a similar situation in our newly finished basement. when we had torrential storms and our sump pump failed. Unfortunately we were in Italy at the time (we live in the US). Someone checked on our house and found our basement carpet floating a foot off the floor. Luckily my smart wife put a sump pump rider on our home owner's insurance. We had a restoration company pull everything while we were gone. I recently finished tiling the entire basement so if we get water again I'll just dry it out and be done.

I would put some tile or "luxury vinyl" on that floor.

Bob,

Skim the floor with thinset and then lay some tile. That's what I did.

I would put some tile or "luxury vinyl" on that floor.

Rather than tile, I'd consider one of the newer epoxy systems developed for garage floors.Those are pretty much indestructible when applied correctly, and you can do corners and raised corners and even run it up the walls some if you're flood prone.

I'd also suggest a gas powered evac pump, but it's not like that would do much good when half the state is under water ... :(

IMG_0169.JPG

Just kidding, but I did get to hear that system last year . Made quite an impression . But I still didn't think it sounded 20 times better than my system .

Getting ready to spin some tunes and clean some vinyl.
om7itrx.jpg

Hello just curious about your technics 1200gr and if you have posted it in the 1200 owners club. A lot of us are wondering the sound difference if any between an older 1200 and the new. Some people have the new version while others have the older like me. No one seems to have both. If you have any insight on this it would be really helpful in the thread. Sorry high jacked this thread a bit. Lol

Same here... my basement is of the Yankee variety :) This was from 2 years ago when I removed all the copper and put in a Pex manifold system. I had 5 freeze outs in 3 years with the old circa 1946 copper... it was paper thin!!!

20150915_we-have-hot-water.jpg

That's a fine basement James. Mine was dug out after the house was built. God knows when though as the house was built in 1916. Makes getting to the plumbing easy though.

Back
Top Bottom