Let's see your cans!

forgot the heaphones xD
KQ48l6vPdHCMwo-nLXW0UxlRdO3q7-zs6Aj0UZwsQIauRpw0I60pRY1P4R_MtsmWM3iHq1seQio50MrG3ZdkvZg2Pq0m3NM0UhR4oUnSGMhpAUKO6ynU49sQhvTElDc7WE8kY0eiRqVqtZqlEoV8TmNkyI6UrKz0w3sMXiDPWuvyWk0yYiYxoUztSGrZidMGhVnyPieQuNQilCkt7xtguRrsvq60GqWc6Qcl0mxL9qd20f4afff_nDELhi8NQPm8kzXi9244tssgjnbTWwK_R-39WnkmhYs73-rgXA8jk3bBYrtTzOdpoyL_f3ecvmTTGuAru7j566nYWr3QFUcZLQHcgil4vjxqlpWvWcM_Y8QK9lJ1XloHUgVhOT_n25YIsE1DKK5DoijvYSdI17M4uh1LdqLdmZ6KYEpvqM7Os2Gs1OJoJIlBVUHrVVlIDMN_Zt_XCjbSC_0tl4dlkbsfzaLYzpCQtGin3X5mGWyTBpcbITzApdkz4do28jcm2VItpkZ7oy9RtqQgAitja1boILJ91vEVuUzEx9HmeloM5cR4KGEL3IUc9NKNRbbN-yrzwEtHufsLn_JxJpW6-4mLmP-Dly7jnsx96416c4jNdVY-IiBWjREiwDq1R5TX0RkGP2j9u9oIvCdWhPozMgLsmXA5Zc-_wrSexDeGUoYgPUI=w1256-h760-l75-ft

photo_zpsdlhqiz9j.jpg

My Koss Pro 4AAA

This is a recent acquisition. I love these phones. I lucked out and the ear cushions are still in great shape and fit my ears surprisingly well. They aren't as uncomfortable as I heard they were! The only thing i wish they had was the cushion under the head band. They wear fine on my head without it, but i think it looks cool with that old 70's looking bubble cushion. I email'd Koss a month or so ago about them having the parts for these cans...no more cushions :no:

Bought these off of Amazon for $79 on Tuesday when they were a deal of the day. So far so good. If these get better as they break in they will be better than I had hoped for. I like the swivel earpieces, and the choice of coiled or straight cords is a nice touch of class. Made in Taiwan, not China. So far I have listened to a 320K Mp3 burned to disc, a Mp3 file off my tablet, and a CD through its headphone jack. The new cans had great sound on all three sources. Had them on for about 2 hours and they were quite comfortable. Very little sound leakage. A tight seal results in extremely little sound escaping.
DSCF0026.JPG DSCF0027.JPG DSCF0028.JPG DSCF0029.JPG DSCF0030.JPG

i've got the ath-50xs and a pair of dunu dn-1000s ...

tumblr_npyakd563t1u9yecko1_1280.jpg

while listening to and comparing 50 different pairs of headphones in my price range would be nice, i made both these purchases after hours of reading reviews and then ordering online. i read every review by ever blogger, but theheadphonelist.com was particularly influential in my recent earbud purchase. both they and the m50xs are said to have lightly v-shaped tuning, and that is desirable to me. i didn't need the dn-2000s because some people were saying their sound is truer and less impressive to bass heads. i'm listening to pop like Grimes and FKA Twigs. i of course want everything to sound clean and tight, but with plenty of sparkle and punchy bass.

i love the ath-m50xs. they're comfy and sound so much better than the sony mdr-zx500s they replaced. i don't have a amp for them, because i'm not sure i need one and that's still unknown territory to me. my source is always either my laptop or iphone.

dn-1000s are for listening to music at the office. i had an old pair of lower end bose earbuds that i had swiped from my pops. they broke, so i gave them back and ordered these. they're great. much nicer than the bose. really, when i first got them i had to spend a half hour assuring myself that they do not sound nicer than my audio-technica ath-m50xs. because that would be crazy. they're solid metal, and a lot of reviewers complain that they're too heavy. they looked pretty comfy compared to a lot of the other options, so i risked it. after finding the perfect tip and spacer setup from the like 20 options provided, i've got no complaints. though i just sent them back to the manufacturer for warranty work. after a few months, one of the speakers sounds damaged and tin-y.

bought bose sportsound for gym listening ...
IMG_1361.jpg

i was thrilled to see that they came with a clip for my shirt; i know i'm not a cool kid anymore. the audio quality is noticeably less than the dn-1000s. especially because they don't seal and leak sound. i did no research before buying them. i knew part of what i was paying for is the convenience of not having to shop. they have a rubber piece that locks them in place in your ear. i suspect they'll work well. $100 for the non apple version because $30 bucks wasn't worth a remote and that's probably where they break anyway. they work well for their purpose, but do leave me longing for the dn-1000s.

Bought the M40x's because so many said that they were not artificially boosted at any certain frequency. They are indeed quite flat in their response, but not in sound quality. Nice natural deep full bass, and VG upper mids and highs. Listened to a couple of my system evaluation albums, they pass. 8 out of 10 IMO. Bought these to listen in the early morning so as to not disturb others.

These are nice cans for $79 considering that I didn't want to buy a used set. Not a germaphobe but I don't want used cans, with other peoples dried sweat on the cushions.

I have to line mine up and take a picture. I've gotten into headphones fairly heavily as my
tinnitus increases. Currently, Senn. HD650, HD700, Grado 225i, HiFiMan HE500, Audeze lcd-2.2
Koss ESP950 electrostatics and Denon 7100's. LIsten to one or most sets every day.
Hibuck....

L-82 I don't listen to them enough yet to formulate an opinion. AKG K240-MK IIs still the main go-to. Compared to AKG's they seem "weak"....maybe I should use them more and after a long break in they'd be ok....

SE700.jpg

I thought i would share my SE700's on here.

They are some nice sounding cans. Although i do prefer my T1 These are still nice.

These ones are still in quite good condition considering their age. I intend to get a second set, to restore, and slightly mod.

20140607_230707.jpg

A good friend of mine gave these to me, Foster Electrostatic headphones. I've only ever used them once, and I had to use them with a step-down transformer as they are a Japanese import and run 110V. Beautifully made and in great condition cosmetically, but I wasn't all that on the sound, very lacking in bottom end, but that could be my fault for not setting them up properly, and they hadn't been used for a good 20 years!

Back
Top Bottom