Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

Hi everyone, newer poster. I have finally come to a crude finish for my apt setup, coming up with the cabinet design simply based on recommended parameters for the cheapest drivers i could get from PE, as well as 5-6 different 3 way sealed box projects leading up to building totally separate boxes. I wanted to experience isolated bass, without question of distoring the cheap hivi midrange drivers (yes i know closed back midranges exist, this is more of an experiment in bass). Anyway under the fabric is a 6"aluminum mid and 1&1/8 dayton silk dome..the 12" woofers are paper cone GRS cheapos but they dont sound like it in these boxes.

I had the woofers front firing when i first set it up but was struck with a random inspriation to flip them upward. only later would i discover how nice it would be to catch a bass wave bouncing off the brick (behind paneling) wall, perpendicular to direction driver is firing. That reflection, paired with the way the bass waves hit and roll trough the room off of the foam drop ceiling, give me the depth and presence i have always sought but never thought was possible without dropping big cash. It helps to have tools, but MDF board and cheap PE drivers definitely did not break the bank, and relative quality to storebought at the same price is almost complete uncomparable. PE $20 3-way crossover at 800 & 4500 or 5000hz i havent remembered.

Anyway, amp gear is a set I picked up off a guy on CL, including tape deck and some records, for $200. Also, it isn't very unique but whatever. I questioned dropping that at the time but now know it was a good idea to bite. There is a
Pioneer TX-6500II Tuner(best FM i have heard)
Pioneer PL-514 TT, Shure M92e cart, N44-7 stylus
Pioneer SA-7500II Integrated

If anyone is curious about my aux line in signal theoretics from an orangepi miniPC, just ask please.

Edit: So i read this thread and posted with "Stereo cabinets" in my head not realizing it was referring more to gear storage and not speaker cabinets themselves... anyway hope my post falls within a gray area of that

Attachments

• 20170708_183144.jpg
    20170708_183144.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
[QUOTE="St. Pierre, post: 10907181, member: 229336" custom built Bozak console. Pioneer TX, SG, SA-9500, RT-707, Dual 1019, 1953 University 315 speakers.[/QUOTE]

OK - I have to have better photos of that center section and the insides of the two flip-top sections. BEAUTIFUL pieces. I'm droooooooling!

^^^ Man, those are nice. Your custom work, or purchased? From the last photo, I'm going to say it's your work. Either way, OUTSTANDING pieces! I'm not familiar with those speakers. Can you tell me about them? Ahh - just saw you listed model info... "University 315 speakers". Thanks.

IMG_0080.JPG
I had this put together by a local woodworker.. $600.. I think I got a good deal ?
3" Black Walnut Slab with (Turquoise inlays)
Walnut Veneered 3/4" plywood Cabinet
IMG_0224.JPG
I had him make some matching 3" Walnut Cable Lifters.
IMG_0128.JPG
Here's a picture of the back.
I'm trying to keep the Cables separated and orderly ..
IMG_0397.JPG

^^^ Man, those are nice. Your custom work, or purchased? From the last photo, I'm going to say it's your work. Either way, OUTSTANDING pieces! I'm not familiar with those speakers. Can you tell me about them? Ahh - just saw you listed model info... "University 315 speakers". Thanks.
The cabinetry itself was custom-built by Bozak in 1960 for a doctor in Ann Arbor Michigan. I acquired this from the original owners daughter with the custom build order receipt. All the cabinetry is constructed of 11 ply Birch and mahogany veneer. I reconfigured it to house the components that are currently in it.

I keep my electronics in a BDI 8927:

6710409369_15a0646516_z.jpg

The outlet box was given to me some years ago. I didn't like how it was wired, so I re-did it with the wire a friend of mine makes. It's basically home made...

Back
Top Bottom