Let's vote on a non-binding referendum for the next Summer FrankenFest

Given your druthers - where would you like the next New England FrankenFest to be held?

• Total voters

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
Let's get a feel for where people would like the next FrankenFest to be.
This is a non-binding poll - feel free to post your comments (like I could stop ya'!)

Before we vote, if the lady on the end is open the last Saturday of the month, should you consider another day so there won't be the parking issues? (Other thread said 6/24)

Clinton if more space is available than yesterday (although hanging by the doors I got to enjoy what was happening inside and the glorious weather); else Walpole is a good alternative :)

Last edited:
Before we vote, if the lady on the end is open the last Saturday of the month, should you consider another day so there won't be the parking issues? (Other thread said 6/24)
Frankly, she's so erratic that we can't predict when she'll decide to be open - and we only have to save her 2-3 spaces so I'm sure we could work around that with a little planning.
We've had the same situation before where we've instructed people not to park between the street and the loading dock.

I hardly feel qualified after attending just one but it does sound like the big crowd was an exception. Surely the summer edition would still work at Frank's? A larger venue for the stronger dates, perhaps.

Moving this to somewhere between Worcester and Hartford will make attending easier for people from CT, NY, etc. but it will probably peel off people coming from Eastern MA, NH, etc. Do we have a sense of where our geographical "center of gravity" is?

I'm happy to pay $10 or whatever is needed to get a good place but Frank's place feels like our spiritual home. It would be nice to stay there if it can work.

I am casting a Clinton vote although "Closer to Hartford = Better for Me". The reason I am voting for Clinton, MA is that, as previously mentioned, it makes puts it within striking distance of VT, NH etc. Bottom line of moving south is that NYC is an effective margin. Folks over the NY line and in NJ won't attend even if it's in Greenwich, CT. So moving south does not open it to more folks, just cuts it off for folks further north. I would think that getting it close to I-91 in northern MA would help the folks to the north and actually be more convenient to us in the south. Any thoughts?

Folks over the NY line and in NJ won't attend even if it's in Greenwich, CT.

:D but I think you're hitting it on the head. The same is true for Western Mass. as seen from Boston, though. Quabbin is where water comes from, west of that is wilderness.

For as much as I have enjoyed the GTG at Frank's place in Clinton, we've just simply outgrown the space... which has also shrunk over the years. (My first Fest was Halloween 2010 and it felt like we had access to every room in the warehouse. Also there was only like 10 of us there, so parking was not an issue!!!)

If it is time to change the venue, then let's find the right space for the right price. A $5 or $10 donation per person is very, very reasonable. IM(Humble)O, space trumps location.

Thank you.

As much as I enjoy going to Franks I also believe it's time to move on to a bigger spot. I remember 10 years when Frank graciously had the very first 2 fests at his home. We quickly outgrew that and he graciously offered up his shop and now it seems we've outgrown that as well. I love the atmosphere at Franks and it just seems like home there as we've been doing it there now for several years. But it is a much larger group than it was just a few years ago. At this rate who knows in another decade or so we may have to move it to Yankee Stadium .

As much as I enjoy going to Franks I also believe it's time to move on to a bigger spot. I remember 10 years when Frank graciously had the very first 2 fests at his home. We quickly outgrew that and he graciously offered up his shop and now it seems we've outgrown that as well. I love the atmosphere at Franks and it just seems like home there as we've been doing it there now for several years. But it is a much larger group than it was just a few years ago. At this rate who knows in another decade or so we may have to move it to Yankee Stadium .
Umm, Fenway perhaps,but never Yankee stadium :D

Umm, Fenway perhaps,but never Yankee stadium :D
Eh hem, there are NYers in the crowd here!
Anywhere south is great for any of us in NY, NJ, Conn Akers etc... but this is a New England meet, so Clinton, Walpole, are doable for me. A bunch of us are in Northern Westchester, & NJ. Tom B. comes all the way from Bay Ridge Brooklyn!
3 plus hour drive is doable, but anything more than 4hrs each way is a lot for one day's travel.

Crossing the NH line to cast illegal vote .. oops wrong poll.
Actually, I voted Taunton because of the room factor, but would be happy with any of the situations. (although I predict the fourth options won't get many votes because people like me are cheap bastards) But I will be happy with any of the out comes. (Maybe that should have been an options)

(Kudos to Frank Jim, Brian, and all the attendees for a nice fest last Saturday)

Last edited:
I Think bang4buck makes a good point in that Clinton's space would work for the smaller times (like the summer meets), and maybe a larger venue for the fall and winter fests would be good. Also, maybe we should try Taunton to get a feel for the space.

Moving this to somewhere between Worcester and Hartford will make attending easier for people from CT, NY, etc. but it will probably peel off people coming from Eastern MA, NH, etc. Do we have a sense of where our geographical "center of gravity" is?

I'm happy to pay $10 or whatever is needed to get a good place but Frank's place feels like our spiritual home. It would be nice to stay there if it can work.

Definitely agree. .. something a little closer to CT. I would love to come for each and every fest but I am unable to do both up and down. ..6 hrs + in a single day and then spend enough time at the fest. My physical condition ain't so great.

But depends on the logistics for the organizers. So just thinking out loud.

First off...I want to say "Thank You' to Jim for all his efforts, i know none of this stuff just happens on its own.
Personally, i didn't have a problem with the crowd on saturday. I thought it was a great time. I've been to earlier 'fests when we had lots of room and few people came....those weren't nearly as fun. I go primarily to meet / greet / and eat, so having critical listening spaces isn't my thing.

It was a little hard to talk at times, maybe the overall volume level could have been turned down. But hey, it's all rock and roll...and i like it.

The winter fest is always the best attended...so, most likely space won't be a problem for another year.
I'm not that familiar with the logistics of Franks building, but it seems like rooms come and go every time...It's never the same mill twice. Plus, if Frank ain't there...then i ain't going .

I vote for keeping it where it is. I am willing to pay a small fee to enter elsewhere, but Clinton is so close to me
that I will try my hardest attend...further out, don't know that I would travel...i.e. really enjoyed the MIT yard sale, but if
I didn't have a friend who knew Boston area well enough I would not have gone...does Frank's building have tenant space
we could rent for a day?

I like it where it is but would drive to another locale if my situation permits.
I couldn't make it to Walpole that day so have no opinion there.
I'd pay $5-10 if necessary for the right place.
...does Frank's building have tenant space we could rent for a day?
Great question!

Regarding renting tenant space for a day - in the past we've been allowed to use any unrented space for free, so that's not a factor.

If in fact we wanted more space we could have used the basement - but I've found any place that's harder to move gear into or that's off the main area gets very little traffic.
The basement does have access around back - all we'd have to do is set up some flood lights to augment the lighting.
For example, even when we've set up systems on the second floor I'd guess half the attendees never even make it up there.

Back
Top Bottom