Life is good.

djnagle

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
S.E. Michigan = 180 days of sunshine.

Albuquerque = 320 days of sunshine.

We eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the patio 6 out of 7 days.

I don't have a "listening" room like I did in the past but I have ear buds everywhere.

Albuquerque is a special place. Most who live there are so proud of their city. I was visiting on business 20 years ago. I don't travel well so I found myself awake at 4 or 5 AM. I decided to go for a walk, and walk I did for a couple of hours. When I returned to my room and the view (6th or 7th story) from the window (as I opened the door) was 30 to 50 balloons. Apparently this was festival day. The multicolored balloons against the blue sky was a sight to behold, for me.

I went hiking in Bandiolier a few years ago with my adult son and we ventured into the wilderness for what ended up to be a 17 mile, spectacular hike. This included native ruins, the Rio Grande, plateaus, valleys. It is hard to describe the beauty.

Finally, I recently read a new academic book on the impact of Spanish Colonial era slavery , which devastated New Mexico. Great beauty as will as great pain. PM me and I will send the book to you.

180 days of Sun... does a two minute appearance of the sun count as a sunny day? We miss you Dennis..

Sun? I've heard of this before, but precious little of it around here to be sure of it.

I have some friends who moved to Los Cerrillos a few years ago, about an hour northeast of Albuquerque . We visited them last year, and really liked the area. I've always lived in New England, so it was about as different a landscape as you can get.
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)][/COLOR]

I may be through the area twice this summer.

One of those (which is already planned) will only be a drive-by, heading from AZ to CO.

The second trip, we may hop over and spend a day or two in the area, as we'll be in Sedona and Flagstaff AZ. And on the way down (I'm driving, she's flying into PHX), I may stop to see a buddy of mine about 12 miles south of downtown Santa Fe.

I may be through the area twice this summer.

One of those (which is already planned) will only be a drive-by, heading from AZ to CO.

The second trip, we may hop over and spend a day or two in the area, as we'll be in Sedona and Flagstaff AZ. And on the way down (I'm driving, she's flying into PHX), I may stop to see a buddy of mine about 12 miles south of downtown Santa Fe.

Email me when you come through, we'll get together. djnagle@comcast.net

I was just down hiway-10 in El Paso and I hate the dreaded dust storms and dirt down your neck, shirt and up your nose and ears. But, it's a nice place when the wind isn't ripping through there....award winning steakhouse called The Cattleman in Julian which was twenty minutes away.

I was just down hiway-10 in El Paso and I hate the dreaded dust storms and dirt down your neck, shirt and up your nose and ears.
You could come visit us by the lake. We have fishflies. :D First big hatch was today.
IMG_20170615_070104-01.jpeg

A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

mayfly+spinner.JPG

I'm 1.5 hours away from top 5 fly fishing rivers but nobody around here has ever seen a fish fly.

I'm 1.5 hours away from top 5 fly fishing rivers but nobody around here has ever seen a fish fly.
Based on our "outbreak" over the past two days, I'll gladly ship you a few thousand, fresh off of Jefferson Ave. ;)

Thanks for your generous offer but if I never see one again I'll die a happy man. I had a sailboat for years on St. Clare and spent hours cleaning the boat of them each year.

I don't have a boat (yet) to clean them off of, but I've learned to keep my mouth closed while cycling out at the Metropark or along Jefferson Ave. :D

Back
Top Bottom