Like to listen to Cornwalls within 100 miles of KC

can-man

Really "leaning" towards selling my JBL 100's and use money to help pay for set of used Cornwall's. I have a set of KG2's and love the efficiency of them. I am using a Macintosh 2505 power amp which is about 52 watts RMS.
I think I should hear some before buying but cant find anyone with them near me.

If anyone is near KC with a set and using about the same output power amp, I would love to hear them.

Message me if you are interested in helping. I will provide data for security to insure not a scam.

Thanks!

That's a good idea for sure if there is someone within driving range that has a pair. If so, you could always take your 2505 with you.

Hey
Sorry, I sold mine to a member down Tulsa way last summer. I have K-horns but that would be a horse of a different color. Eric

A pair Corn walls are very efficient and can play loudly, but I think ask ing them to cover 100 miles is a bit of stretch.

Pardon me I just couldn't help my self. I hope you'll accept my apology.

124 db at 4 ft,from two speakers. 25 db at 100 miles. Lets see that would be 34 db with a very large JBL line array. How loud was a saturn rocket? Depending on what you read 200 to 220 db. So it would be 100 db minimum at 100miles. A Saturn rocket is so loud it can ignite grass a 1 mile distant from the sound levels. 140 db full spectrum will cause instant hearing damage.

JBL and Magico say they build subs that can generate 136 db each.at 1 meter. Thats about 128 db at the listening position. Depending on the room gain.

3- 20- 18. Some day I would like to see Klipsch build an upgraded system from scratch, that would give the guys at Magico, Sonus Fabre, Mcintosh, and JBL some thing to think about. I know Klipsch uses some dated design concepts, but I just get tired of everyone picking on Klipsch. They do what they do very well considering the price points. But just once I'd like to see Klipsch lay down the gauntlet. Magnepan is stepping up to the plate with their latest 30.7 system. Mac has introduced a rediculously priced speaker. Magico is always just releasing something new. JBL is laying back right now with the take over. But they are finally building speakers with less than 2% distortion that can produce the same level or more level than a Klipsch horn or La Scala. They cost 4 to 6 times as much, hey, but its only money and require 5 times as much power. So you guys out there that complain about Klipsch pricing, just be thankful Klipsch is still in business, to give you an Alternative.

Last edited:
Hey
They do look familiar. If so he's almost doubling his money. Mine had painted black grills and a lot of Crites upgrades. Hopefully he at least refinished the cabinets.Eric

Hey
But then again I really can't tell by the pic. They al kinda look alike from the front.Eric

Back
Top Bottom