Lincoln bringing a new high-performance sedan to market....

1980 Zephyr looked like crap
1980-Mercury-Zephyr.jpg
I have always had a soft spot for the Fairmont/Zephyr and mid sized LTD/Marquis.:dunno:

Probably because the LTD was my first car and they are a Fox chassis car. Basically a longer, four door Mustang.

Last edited:
The McConaughey commercials are pure gold, gold I tell you!

Lincolnnnnnnnnn....

I've always thought the original Couger was one of the coolest of the more obscure pony cars.
The original Cougars were cool cars. The last version that was FWD was a joke. They seemed to be a cheap throw away car.

Mathew what's-his-name's Lincoln commercials make me scramble for the mute button. I just can't stand the guy.:no:

The original Cougars were cool cars. The last version that was FWD was a joke. They seemed to be a cheap throw away car.

Mathew what's-his-name's Lincoln commercials make me scramble for the mute button. I just can't stand the guy.:no:

I thought they were hilariously self aware/tongue in cheek. I really liked the Lincoln Lawyer, as an aside. :D

The picture I see there, if that's what they intend to sell as a high performance coup, looks like a Nissan Maxima. Who is running the railroad over there at Lincoln? Those stupid commercials and the "beige" styling is just sad. Lincoln used to be a car company with balls and style. They made cars that had presence. Now it's just trading on the past glory of the name and producing bland, overpriced garbage.

Car-Lease-Offers-CLO-Lincoln-Continental-798x466.png

This is so ****ing boring and at over 40K it's ridiculous.

How about this for about 10k and put another 20k into it for mechanical and electronic upgrades?

one-owner-1979-lincoln-town-car-garaged-since-new-original-continental-1977-1978-2.jpg

The picture I see there, if that's what they intend to sell as a high performance coup, looks like a Nissan Maxima. Who is running the railroad over there at Lincoln? Those stupid commercials and the "beige" styling is just sad. Lincoln used to be a car company with balls and style. They made cars that had presence. Now it's just trading on the past glory of the name and producing bland, overpriced garbage.

Car-Lease-Offers-CLO-Lincoln-Continental-798x466.png

How about this for about 10k and put another 20k into it for mechanical and electronic upgrades?

one-owner-1979-lincoln-town-car-garaged-since-new-original-continental-1977-1978-2.jpg
To me, it looks like a Nissan Maxima and a Ford Taurus had a love child. Probably fun to drive with a manual transmission, but the styling.... barf.

The styling is very meh. The current Lincoln SUV though has one of the most gorgeous interiors in a new car though. It puts the Escalade to shame (admittedly a low bar).

It's not like it would be hard to go back into their own catalog and update some of the best looking cars ever made. It's easy, low hanging fruit. My guess is Lincoln isn't run by car guys but by accountants. And yes.. I know it's "money first" but look across the hall at Ford. They have the Mustang and the Ford GT. Lincoln could go back to the 1964 continental and make a "HALO" luxury car that would compete with the big boys. For heaven's sake, Lincoln used to be a luxury benchmark.

It's not his usual smarmy romcom role either. I don't like his romcoms much either.
Look up the movie "Killer Joe" for a different take on McConaughey....

My wife`s first car was a `69 Cougar XR-7, white w/ black vinyl top & interior (with that cool "Swing-Away" steering wheel option), had a 390 with a C6 trans....it was a runner, wish we still had it....

Look up the movie "Killer Joe" for a different take on McConaughey....

My wife`s first car was a `69 Cougar XR-7, white w/ black vinyl top & interior (with that cool "Swing-Away" steering wheel option), had a 390 with a C6 trans....it was a runner, wish we still had it....

McConaughey....is a beast. I don't blame him for taking the money. I would do it in a heartbeat.

The styling is very meh. The current Lincoln SUV though has one of the most gorgeous interiors in a new car though. It puts the Escalade to shame (admittedly a low bar).

It's very frustrating. American car manufacturers finally realized that we spend more time inside the car than outside and stepped up the game on interiors. Then, for some reason, totally dropped it on the outside. WTF????? Make a WHOLE CAR.

Chevy did this on the Vette. Looks like an exotic on the outside, finally made an interior that's not shitty plastic everywhere and gave it balls! if I were buying a supercar today I would save 100k and buy a Vette over a Lambo.

Thats what they're planning? Blah indeed, and what is with that grille? They could certainly make a sporty luxury car that doesn't look like an appliancemobile.

Thats what they're planning? Blah indeed, and what is with that grille? They could certainly make a sporty luxury car that doesn't look like an appliancemobile.

NO.... the sad part is that is the CURRENT Lincoln Continental. What they are planning is pictured in the OP's link. And very much looks like "the love child of a Maxima and a Taurus" as mentioned by beat_truck.

well, thats also pretty blah. And a four door to boot. Two door luxury sports car is where its at.

Pretty sad when a guy who owns two bland 80s Lincolns will say a car is boring looking.

Ford /Lincoln or any of the major car mags don't seem to have anything on this , so maybe this is hope so they will build them if interest is shown. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Back
Top Bottom