Lindsey Buckingham Sues Fleetwood Mac

Agreed, but they all share the same bass player and drummer.
I wouldn't put it that way. Mick Fleetwood and John McVie are two of the founding members. Most everyone else has been transient. Except the 1975 class has gotten together more often. 1987 to 1995 was a completely different band.

I wouldn't put it that way. Mick Fleetwood and John McVie are two of the founding members. Most everyone else has been transient. Except the 1975 class has gotten together more often. 1987 to 1995 was a completely different band.

I have the album somewhere after Lindsey left the first time. They replaced him with two guys if I remember correctly. It was not a bad album really, it just sounded like Stevie Nicks' backup band.

I have the album somewhere after Lindsey left the first time. They replaced him with two guys if I remember correctly. It was not a bad album really, it just sounded like Stevie Nicks' backup band.
I have all of their original releases, including most of the individual solo albums.

The guys your are talking about are Billy Burnette, Rick Vito and Dave Mason. The female vocalists were Christine McVie and Bekka Bramlett. I like the two albums that came out during that time. I don't think they sounded like Stevie Nick's backup band.

Okay, then -- four different bands. But they still all had the same bass player and drummer.

I have all of their original releases, including most of the individual solo albums.

The guys your are talking about are Billy Burnette, Rick Vito and Dave Mason. The female vocalists were Christine McVie and Bekka Bramlett. I like the two albums that came out during that time. I don't think they sounded like Stevie Nick's backup band.

Buckingham brings a certain sound to guitar as well as lyrics. The other members were fine musicians but they were not Buckingham. It was decent rock but hardly distinctive. Any of the Nicks written songs sound just like her solo albums. Buckingham added his own twist to Nicks songs with his guitar work.

Buckingham brings a certain sound to guitar as well as lyrics. The other members were fine musicians but they were not Buckingham. It was decent rock but hardly distinctive. Any of the Nicks written songs sound just like her solo albums. Buckingham added his own twist to Nicks songs with his guitar work.
Lindsey is definitely talented and I love what he has brought to the band. But he just doesn't play well with others.

Buckingham and Nicks are ok---when it comes to music. They are both ego laden asses though. Nicks won't record an LP and Nicks don't want to be on the same stage (again) with Buckingham. Buckingham does tend to think he is the gift of gab and tries to take over the show. They should have curtailed that long ago. Actually they probably should have fired her. But of course that won't happen. I was glad to see Christine come back. I understand the Tulsa show was a tremendous success and look to the Austin show next year. What exorbitant ticket prices? They were average when I bought mine on the day they went on sale. Bottom line is I am glad he is gone and wish Stevie was too. And finally I liked Tusk; it was a fine followup. Also I liked the Buckingham/McVie record. Ok I'm done now.

I hear people rag on the B/N era of Fleetwood Mac. I don't get it. They were popular....wrote some killer music......made for entertaining publicity.....beautiful lyrics......and they ALL were genuinely good musicians. Is it ALL good? I don't think so. But some of it is just stellar and it helped define an entire generation.

I've been a huge fan of all of the Fleetwood Mac iterations. They've all been stellar in their own fashion which says volumes about Mr.'s Fleetwood and McVie.

As for the current tour.........yawn.......I'll pass.

I agree completely. What does it take to make a song real "art"? Does it have to sound like crap and have lyrics that give you nightmares? Give me a song with some nice guitar licks, a memorable melody line and some good harmonies, and I'm happy. So it goes double platinum and some think that disqualifies it as art -- that's their problem. I loved the early SN/LB version of FM when those albums were released and I still spin them now and then and enjoy them just as much. On the other hand, I kind of understand the internal animosity of groups made up of young, immature musicians who got too much too quickly. But these guys should have matured a bit with age. All of this angst at this age is a big turn off. Grow up, Fleetwood Mac!

Both LB and Stevie seem to have large egos and maybe / maybe not deserved. I would say Stevie gets more allocates / attention than maybe deserved and Christine McVie less than. Christine has a very good voice and is very talented in her own right. Get a copy of this and give it a spin.

Attachments

• 85079ABC-1506-49E2-A2F7-609CD87B6323.jpeg
    85079ABC-1506-49E2-A2F7-609CD87B6323.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 18
Not quite sure I would agree with this comment, if anything I would think more great art was created by starving artists than rich ones. Just a cursory thought.
Not really proving your point since there are so many more starving artists than rich ones they would obviously produce the majority of art, both great and crap.

And as far as the original post goes-
Lindsey Buckingham Confirms Stevie Nicks Wanted Him Out Of Fleetwood Mac

Also says lawsuit has been settled

Other people making money performing material you wrote is no-bueno. Try it. It stinks. Seems kind of desperate to alienate the guy for what amounts to 2.5 mil a man...

Court could find in his favor if they determine that he retains rights to his material based on a concert being considered "musical composition synchronized with audio-visual works".

Also, is there a Lindsey Buckingham clone out there? The guy is a pretty unique player and singer.

FM was around before L.B. and will probably continue to be. Not sure about your math, they added Heartbreaker Mike Campbell and the House is less crowded with one of the Finn bros now singing for FM. Doubt Campbell came just for the hell of it, don't know about Finn.

Back
Top Bottom