Lindsey Buckingham Sues Fleetwood Mac

For those who think the B/N version of Fleetwood Mac was all "bubblegum". listen to I'm So Afraid some time, preferably a live version. Others have mentioned how well they sounded during the 2013-14 tour. I saw them then, for my birthday, and I'm So Afraid live was the highlight of the evening for me.

FM was around before L.B. and will probably continue to be. Not sure about your math, they added Heartbreaker Mike Campbell and the House is less crowded with one of the Finn bros now singing for FM. Doubt Campbell came just for the hell of it, don't know about Finn.

LB would get a full band member cut. Campbell and Finn are hired guns. LB essentially wrote all of the Buckingham/Nicks/McVie stuff that was of the era. Seriously doubt Welch, Kirwan or Green are suing anyone at this point despite what amounts to 3, maybe 4 of their songs being performed. At this point LB has done more musically for Fleetwood Mac than Mick Fleetwood and his weak kick-drum foot has done for decades.

16D438F7-8541-45D0-8F51-0DE6EB731AAE.jpeg

Neil Young - On The Beach

I never cared for this record back when it came out so I basically ignored it. Now I love it. Go figure.

LB would get a full band member cut. Campbell and Finn are hired guns. LB essentially wrote all of the Buckingham/Nicks/McVie stuff that was of the era. Seriously doubt Welch, Kirwan or Green are suing anyone at this point despite what amounts to 3, maybe 4 of their songs being performed. At this point LB has done more musically for Fleetwood Mac than Mick Fleetwood and his weak kick-drum foot has done for decades.

When I saw them in 2013, they played ZERO Welch/Kirwan/Green songs. They have more than enough of a back catalog from the Buckinham/Nicks/McVie era to fill out a 2 and a half - 3 hour set.

When I saw them in 2013, they played ZERO Welch/Kirwan/Green songs. They have more than enough of a back catalog from the Buckinham/Nicks/McVie era to fill out a 2 and a half - 3 hour set.
Not that they would, but I don't think it would be possible to do material from the Welch/Kirwan/Green/Spencer days. They simply don't have either the blues connection or the talent of those virtuoso guitarists. Not meant to inflame, but my opinion. Those days are generally forgotten.

Not that they would, but I don't think it would be possible to do material from the Welch/Kirwan/Green/Spencer days. They simply don't have either the blues connection or the talent of those virtuoso guitarists. Not meant to inflame, but my opinion. Those days are generally forgotten.

Mike Campbell would be ideally suited to that material. But yeah, most people want to hear Stevie Nicks bleating and see her twirling tambourine in hand...not for me, but more power to ya if you like it. I'm not a fan of that era, but Buckingham is a helluva a talent.

Mike Campbell would be ideally suited to that material. But yeah, most people want to hear Stevie Nicks bleating and see her twirling tambourine in hand...not for me, but more power to ya if you like it. I'm not a fan of that era, but Buckingham is a helluva a talent.

I agree 100% with the bolded part. Which is why seeing I'm So Afraid live was the highlight of the show for me.

It's too bad they're fighting over money, they have so much history together.

B/N go clear back to The Summer of Love scene. Their high schoolish band, Fritz, had the opportunities to open for Janis and Jimmy, just because it was short notice.

Rumors is one of my all time favorite albums but, IMHO, Stevie wouldn't have been famous without Buckingham (and the fact she's was / is very cute).

I think the pre-B/N FM and the post B/N FM were just 2 completely different bands that happen to share the same name and a bassist and drummer. I also kind of think that, even with the talent, the PG era FM would have been relegated to a couple hits and a lot of virtuoso love ala Steve Vai if things had stayed the same. In any case, I know that Buckingham reached out to Stevie to make Buckingham/McVie another FM record and put a ton of money in everyone's pockets, (which Mick ALWAYS needs), but for whatever reason Stevie wouldn't do it, so they couldn't legally name it a "Fleetwood Mac" release. Jump to a year+ later and now Stevie wants to get out there and make some touring money, and Lindsey apparently just lost it. It was here say, but supposedly Lindsey was super pissed that Nicks can decide if and when the rest of the band get to make any serious FM money. He wanted to delay the tour by a year to show her she wasn't in charge of the band, and the rest of the band decided they'd rather tour than wait for him to come around. I saw the performance on Ellen, and was pretty underwhelmed. Could have been the setting though, and maybe it's a different beast in an arena.

I think the pre-B/N FM and the post B/N FM were just 2 completely different bands that happen to share the same name and a bassist and drummer. I also kind of think that, even with the talent, the PG era FM would have been relegated to a couple hits and a lot of virtuoso love ala Steve Vai if things had stayed the same. In any case, I know that Buckingham reached out to Stevie to make Buckingham/McVie another FM record and put a ton of money in everyone's pockets, (which Mick ALWAYS needs), but for whatever reason Stevie wouldn't do it, so they couldn't legally name it a "Fleetwood Mac" release. Jump to a year+ later and now Stevie wants to get out there and make some touring money, and Lindsey apparently just lost it. It was here say, but supposedly Lindsey was super pissed that Nicks can decide if and when the rest of the band get to make any serious FM money. He wanted to delay the tour by a year to show her she wasn't in charge of the band, and the rest of the band decided they'd rather tour than wait for him to come around. I saw the performance on Ellen, and was pretty underwhelmed. Could have been the setting though, and maybe it's a different beast in an arena.

New lineup was on Ellen? For the most part I lose interest when they start shuffling lineups. The Who minus Moon was not really the Who. Minus Moon & Entwhistle...

. . . For the most part I lose interest when they start shuffling lineups . . .

Hell, they started shuffling lineups in about 1970! I consider Fleetwood Mac to be at least three completely different bands sharing one name.

Back
Top Bottom