List your Klipsch speakers

I’ve only got RB-5 which truely took me by surprise to the point I keeping wanting them back in place of my towers.....heresy is next

Oh an no grills, will the sb-5 grills fit the RB-5?

Last edited:
Currently Forte 1,s
Cornwall 2,s first versian or verticals 1968 o_O
Over the last 45 years many models with my favorites being 1977 cornerhorns first Klipsch I owned purchased New so it may only be due to the memory that you never forget the first one...o_O
" I started out with nothing"
"And I still have most of it left"
Cheers! Nemo Bit

RF-7III (new last week)
La Scala II
Cornwall III
Chorus II
Forte II (2 pairs)
Quartet
RP-280F
RP-260F
RP-250F
RB-81
RF-3 II (2 pairs)

ok the real question is :: How many Harley's have you own? Lol
Currently 2 but have had as many as 3 and a time.
1974 Iron Sporty belonged to a friend that passed, I bought it from his widow mostly because she didn't want to see it go to a stranger.
It sat in the corner of the garage for over 16 after he finally bought something newer, he got this one not long after he got home from Nam and it was the bike he was riding when we met back in 1985 and started riding together. I had a '75 Iron at the time and we did a lot of rides together.
The bagger is a 2000 ElectraGlide I bought new, it has 196,000 miles on the clock now and just got a fresh 103" build.
I keep my bikes quite a while, have owned 4 Sportys, a Superglide and 2 Electras..bagger.jpg
121.JPG
Way back before helmet laws in WA.
HOG008.jpg
75.jpg
029.JPG

062.JPG

I’ve only got RB-5 which truely took me by surprise to the point I keeping wanting them back in place of my towers.....heresy is next

Oh an no grills, will the sb-5 grills fit the RB-5?

I've never read anything about another grill fitting the RB-5s...wish there were...if someone knows please chime in

@Fattner Don’t see any synergy at all with that combination of equipment & speakers. In fact, I’m confident you’ll soon experience bloated bass, laser like treble resonance and probable hearing damage from the listening fatigue that is sure to ensue. I’m willing to PM you my shipping information and would only require that you cover the shipping costs to me in order to prevent a potential ear damaging situation if you continue to use such a mismatched ensemble. Sincerely, Thomas:naughty:
:jump::rflmao:

I just added a pair of SB-3 speakers and a KSW-12 sub to my small Klipsch collection consisting of Corwalls and Heresys. The price was certainly right - free. A gift from my neighbor who is "upgrading" to a soundbar. :confused:

Yeah it's funny how that somehow rhymes with people, the "upgrade" to modern en chintzy. But most of the time it's about downsizing as people's lives can't accomodate a larger system anymore. I scored killer not too long ago on a guy who downsized to a puny modern thing (i almost coudn't see it next to his TV). Took home a nice vintage Akai set with rack and pioneer turntable and pile of LP's. Cleaned the set all up and flipped it for good profit but kept most of the LP's as they were in great shape and worth the asking price alone.
But still on the lookout for a nice vintage Klipsch deal. Not much around here but unusually alot of the more modern stuff with the copper colored woofers.

Just picked up some one Owner Cornwalls circa 1979 they were a good deal couldn't pass them up.
Not sure how or why my wife puts up with me.
So Belles,Chorus2,Cornwalls thats all the Klipsch I have.

Attachments

• IMG_4557.JPG
    IMG_4557.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 21
Not many klipsch in the herd now, but I started with a beautiful pair of oak oil cornwalls in 1985, then a pair of oak oil klipschorns (AK-3) in 1998. To the pair of k-horns I added a belle klipsch for center channel (oak laquer) and a pair of Heresy II's for surrounds. In 2007 or 8 I bought a pair of La Scala II's. I only had those 8 or 9 months. Somewhere in the midst of all those behemoths I added a Pro Media 2.1 set that the woofers failed on. I still use the 6.5" sub, though. And that brings me to my only remaining klipsch speakers: a pair of RF-82 II's that I bought from klipsch in 2016. Very good sound for the money, IMHO. I suppose they'd wilt next to a pair of k-horns, but dang, as I listen to them on their own, I find precious little to kvetch about. A little boomy at times, a little hot at times...OK, there's that.:rolleyes:

Its been a few years since i posted anything on this forum. I have accumulated some pretty nice stuff on the cheap since including the following Klipsch:

Forte I
KG 4
KG 3.5
KG 2.2

I had a pair of KG2 i sold to a good friend to help with his basement system.

For 2 channel listening: pair of KG 5.5 these have remained my primary speakers since I got them, I love em!

Home theater: pair of SP 1, pair of SS. 5, SC 1, KSW12.

Sometimes I hookup the powered subs in the SP 1's and / or the KSW12 while listening to the KG 5.5 when I feel the need for extra thump.

Hoping to find an affordable pair of Heresy's someday, as I have heard them and love em.

IMG_3533.JPG Main system is Special Edition Ebony Forte III's on custom made Skylan Stands (thanks again Noel!).

1383530-2b0cc38a580a767ff7b4aad2170fdb3c.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom