Live from Livonia: Our intrepid reporter Wajobu

Another shot from tonight's show, this time electric!

attachment.php

Great pics, Fotno. Very much appreciated from those of us that could not attend this years festivities. And to think, I had this case of Grecian Formula I could have gotten rid of if I was there. :D

Well, YOU certainly were missed yesterday, pal!! :yes:

I'll drag my camera there today and get enough mug shots to make this place look like the wall in the Post Office...

Last edited:
Well, at around 12:00 or so, these guys simply went into orbit. Something like,
"We're already over, but we'd like to really rock one out for you, some Santana as requested."

And then, some of the most incredible music I've ever heard happened. And that's by anyone anywhere. The stars lined up or something
Some of the comments that I heard were,
"I'll never be able to describe it"
"I've never seen drumming like that"
"That tops it all, and I've seen lots of great players"

For those of you who were there, you know all about it.
I'm sure that someone else could do a better job of reporting. I'm still sort of spellbound.

Yes, Laith's trio SMOKED to the finish with Santana's Black Magic Woman...quite a drum solo!

Actually, the concert followed the Member of the Year presentation to our own, and most gracious markthefixer! A very nice presentation by Ernie (Luvvinvinyl).

Congratulations Mark!!

Last edited:
Two of AK's finest, Squidward and Pustelniakr -

attachment.php

Attachments

• Squid:Rich.jpg
    Squid:Rich.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 396
Rich notes to me as I snapped 4 photos that I would not get a shot with his eyes open...and I didn't!!

Three more fine gentlemen!

From left to right:

Luvvinvinyl, Urizen and BrianB
attachment.php

Attachments

• Folks1.jpg
    Folks1.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 406
I'm home, tired, and eating a nice, home cooked pork roast dinner while looking over some pics,and looking forward to going to bed well before midnight for a change :D

I had a great time at the Fest, and was sad to have left so quickly, but I barely made my flight, and am home now...exhausted! Great equipment, music, friends and a heck of a time...thanks to Grumpy, Luvvinvinyl, Nancy, Linda, Laith (and trio), the vendors and dealers, AK members who set-up their rooms, SMAC and all who made the Fest possible!!

Hey, Kam! I don't know how I missed seeing you. Except maybe by being too lazy to walk around looking for people.

My big take-away from the Fest this year:
If all you listen to is female jazz vocalists then probably any system of any kind will work fine. Diana Krall & her fine sounding ilk are the default choice for many rooms. I have to assume that this is because this type of music shows off the good qualities and fails to reveal the flaws in most systems. Therefore if you always want to be happy with the sound of your system stock up on Holly Cole, Jennifer Warnes, Etta James, Patricia Barber, Nora Jones, etc. Give all of your large scale orchestral music to Goodwill and be happy.

Back
Top Bottom