Lloyd Stereo Multiplex Receiver BW 699

redwine

receiverjunkie
Hello to all,

got this just a second ago. Does anyone knws anything about

this Unit/Branch?

Regards Redwine

I think that this is the kind of thing that was sold in department stores, not HiFi shops. I know that it was cheap, but I wouldn't have paid even that nuch for it. Sorry.

Yes, you are correct, they were sold in department stores. I remember seeing them when I was a kid. I have seen a lot of this type of equipment still going strong. If that is what you like, go for it. :D

Lloyds was a 70s midfi staple - mainly all-in-one compact units, that sort of thing.

From the looks of the one you bought, I'd have to guess that it was one of their better units...but probably still only 5-10w per channel.

Sorry that I can't help further, but if it twists your knobs, then its worth what you paid for it. I, and I suspect many around here, find that the hobby sometimes is as much about recapturing a memory or satisfying a long-ago lust (even one that has been outgrown or superseeded) as it is about absolute fidelity. That's one of the reasons I have tossed a few bucks at things like a Panasonic RA6600 8-track recorder/receiver and a GE R-504 receiver, as well as at the 'better-fi' stuff. For the price of a fast food lunch, why not?

Keep it fun!

Thanks@CULater,

that was a nice information.

You´re right : if it twists my knobs. It looks pretty similar to the Philips 702, I bought as my very first Stereo in the early 70´.

http://www.taxafinn.dk/radio.htm

LLoyds is a total unknown brand, here in Germany; and if it doesn´t suck, I´ll buy 5 more and try to build a Mobilee.:screwy:

nice day/evening to all Redwine

We had a rather amusing discussion about a Lloyds receiver at AA on the Vintage forum not too long ago.

The Lloyds brand sold in the BRD might be different, though.

Wiedersehen...

Back
Top Bottom