Lo, and Behold, for 4 turntables have become 3, then 2, and finally, 1.

I was at 5, with the goal of getting to two. The SP 10 MK II is the wild card, and I will have it ready to start a trial set up in May. If it's a keeper then I got to decide between the modified AR XA and the Galibier Serac. Not sure how I am going to make these choices. I don't think I could make it down to one table, unless I could mount two arms and cartridges.

Regards
Mister Pig

I was at 5, with the goal of getting to two. The SP 10 MK II is the wild card, and I will have it ready to start a trial set up in May. If it's a keeper then I got to decide between the modified AR XA and the Galibier Serac. Not sure how I am going to make these choices. I don't think I could make it down to one table, unless I could mount two arms and cartridges.

Regards
Mister Pig

Surely you will have to add at least one idler to the mix, along with the direct drive and the belt drive (whichever survives). Actually, if the Serac is not a suspended deck, you may have to keep both (one of each), add a 301 or a TD-124 (in an Oswalds Mills slate plinth), and perhaps then consider culling the herd.

M

I
Surely you will have to add at least one idler to the mix, along with the direct drive and the belt drive (whichever survives). Actually, if the Serac is not a suspended deck, you may have to keep both (one of each), add a 301 or a TD-124 (in an Oswalds Mills slate plinth), and perhaps then consider culling the herd.

M
I let the Thorens TD 124 and Garrard 401 go to start this gear reduction process, and help pay for a pair of JBL 4365. Neither could displace my Serac in terms of overall sound quality.

Regards
Mister Pig

I have seven. No regrets, I have the room to store them as I rotate them in and out. Someday I thin it out but not now. Even the wife is ok with it.

I have 4 but only have 2 permanently hooked up...ReVox B795 and a Denon DP45-F. I have a JVC QL-F4 which works and looks great but was displaced by the Denon several weeks ago. I may just sell it. I also have a JVC QL-A5 that I am donating to a friend. He puts together starter systems mostly for kids going off to college. He counts on donations of gear and thrift store finds. These systems are giveaways. He has a good heart.

Back
Top Bottom