Local delivery restriction, delivery not attempted

teal'c

Nuclear Cardiac Parent
:wtf:
I watched the Fedex truck pull up in front of my house, sit there for a minute or so, and drive off.

Local delivery restriction, delivery not attempted is what the tracking page says. Apparently it's Fedex's excuse when they don't want to say why something occurred.
Should only be about forty pounds. Says they'll deliver tomorrow.

I'm thinking they forgot to put it on the truck.

Last edited:
:wtf:
I watched the Fedex truck pull up in front of my house, sit there for a minute or so, and drive off.

Local delivery restriction, delivery not attempted is what the tracking page says. Apparently it's Fedex's excuse when they don't want to say why something occurred.
Should only be about forty pounds. Says they'll deliver tomorrow.

I'm thinking they forgot to put it on the truck.
Wow...
In the words of Steve Stifler ..........!

Pretty sure the driver would need to scan the package to add the, "restricted delivery notation". Dog in yard? Locked fence/gate? Why not go meet the driver, and claim your package, I have in the past?

Pretty sure the driver would need to scan the package to add the, "restricted delivery notation". Dog in yard? Locked fence/gate? Why not go meet the driver, and claim your package, I have in the past?
Looks like package wasn't scanned until 8:09PM . Truck was here about 2PM.
Front yard/doors open access.
Spinal cord damage.

Tracking has not been updated to "out for delivery".

In transit
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

If I hadn't received packages early before this would seem like they just didn't want to get me the package too soon.

Makes me think of USPS (not)delivering signature-required packages (even letter-sized ones) to my house. They don't even knock or ring the bell; they just stick the "We (re)deliver for you!" Post It note on my door and leave. I've been within 8 feet of the door and the bell and it's happened.

Maybe the should "Deliver for me" instead of telling me they can RE-deliver for me.

FedEx is the worst. Waited all day for a delivery. Had a very large note on the door saying to ring doorbell. Also gave my cell number. Also had a very high strung dog staying in the house at that time. Nothing. No delivery. When I check tracking that evening, it says delivery attempted but no one home. They gave the time and I was home. I’m guessing the driver didn’t want to be bothered because the package was heavy and he saw I was there and would inspect it ver carefully.

So I watch the truck pull up and the guy walks to the back of the truck and opens the doors, then closes the door and walks to the front of the truck.:yikes:
I was ready this time, with shoes on, and rush out to find he just wants to make sure I was home since it required a signature (why people don't tell you these things?).
So it is here, and not as well packed as their previous review would have indicated. Mostly those plastic inflated bags. It had slid to one side. No exterior damage. Waiting for it to warm up.

Didn't ask. I was too concerned by the sound of the AVR bouncing around inside.
No idea if he was the previous driver either, the first one I never saw get out of the truck.

I would think it is the same everywhere, the local drivers hear for FedEx are on their way home when leaving the terminal with a load.
Their route ends at home not back at the terminal.
So the faster they do the route the quicker the day ends.

Got a slip on the door yesterday from UPS, says I can pick up this package at their warehouse nearby. Gives a tracking number, which I decided to look up because there WAS a UPS package on my porch.

Tracking at the website has one box that says DELIVERED 1:58 PM and a SECOND box that says AT FACILITY FOR PICKUP 6:50 PM.

How can a package be in two places? How does their database even allow that condition?

Then I noticed at the top of the page fine print that said 'This tracking # applies to multiple packages."

They were not from the same sender at all. Turns out the one was signature required so they didn't leave it.

Why bother including both packages on the [newly generated] tracking if one was already delivered?

:rolleyes:

BTW the pickup station is open for ONE hour perday, 5-6 pm. The website says it's open 24/7 though. :dunno:

:crazy:

'This tracking # applies to multiple packages."

They were not from the same sender at all.
How does that happen? Same tracking number from now on for all packages headed to the same address? That's going to be a mess.

I would think it is the same everywhere, the local drivers hear for FedEx are on their way home when leaving the terminal with a load.
Their route ends at home not back at the terminal.
So the faster they do the route the quicker the day ends.
^^This^^ I had a shipment coming the other day, on the truck at 8 am 'out for delivery arriving by end of day', waited all day without any sign of it. I was watching the tracking periodically while getting work done. I know that often the home deliveries can be later in the day. Finally around 7:20 PM it says arrival as "pending" and then by around 9 PM is says it will arrive by end of day tomorrow.

I think that either drivers run out of time, or more likely don't have anything else to deliver in your vicinity so just want to go end their workday and bring it the following day when they will likely have other items to deliver near you. And as Oerets says they just want to go home. Can be frustrating when you've made arrangements to be home all day to sign...

Last edited:
How does that happen? Same tracking number from now on for all packages headed to the same address? That's going to be a mess.

My theory is, it was a fresh tracking generated just for the door slip, to notify us that the package was at the depot for pickup. For some reason it included both packages. :dunno:

Oh, and the confusion between 5-6 pm hours and 24/7 was cleared up when my wife went to the counter during that hour and they directed her to some lockers where you scan in your slip and one of them pops open. This is accessible 24/7 I guess. But there was no clear info on either the slip or the website explaining this, which is why we went between 5-6 pm. :rolleyes: This should be easier for the customer to follow. :confused:

FedEx is the worst. Waited all day for a delivery. Had a very large note on the door saying to ring doorbell. Also gave my cell number. Also had a very high strung dog staying in the house at that time. Nothing. No delivery. When I check tracking that evening, it says delivery attempted but no one home. They gave the time and I was home. I’m guessing the driver didn’t want to be bothered because the package was heavy and he saw I was there and would inspect it ver carefully.
I learned my lesson with Fed Ex, McIntosh amp weighing 90lbs. The delivery lady needed help unloading it, by me, backed the truck up to the garage, put it on my hand truck & thought ok cool, wrong! Never let these people leave without opening something expensive! One corner of box pushed in, didn't think anything of it until I opened it, broken glass faceplate & cracked wood case in that corner. Then they have they nerve to deny my claim saying it wasn't packed well enough....bullshit, it was packed very well, with insurance & pictures. still fighting with them.

Then they have they nerve to deny my claim saying it wasn't packed well enough....bullshit, it was packed very well, with insurance & pictures. still fighting with them.

This is exactly the reason that over the past year I have adopted the policy of having FedEx pack, ship and insure any delicate/large/heavy/expensive items via their location--whether it be standard ground or freight. I state specifically in my postings for these kind of items a given flat-rate for shipping, and that everything will be handled by FedEx. If FedEx does everything from beginning to end, should there be any issue with shipping damage, they are 100% responsible and there is NO debate over a claim--my FedEx guys have confirmed that multiple times. It may seem like it costs more, but IME, it is really not. If I were to spend all day scraping up or buying proper packing, and then driving it out there, it would cost just as much. They have everything right there, and assume total responsibility the minute I drop it off.

BTW--with ANY carrier, the first response to any shipping damage claim is going to be "insufficient" or "improper" packing. If I have them do the packing--it's all on them--done--I think that is worth more than the actual insurance.

Back
Top Bottom