Looking for a used integrated amplifier (150$)

Pentotark

Hi, I was thinking if you guys can help me find out a good sounding integrated amplifier on the used market for around 150$. Any brand or model you would recommend looking for?

Thanks =)

I've seen a couple Luxman integrated on my local Craig's for about your budget (black face/early Alpine era)

I've got so much gear that I haven't pulled the trigger on anything. I already have a R-113 basically acting as a glorified computer speaker driver, that's how bad the sickness is :)

Acurus DIA 100 Mk II
are under the radar and can be found under $200
Didn't know this brand before, It looks very sturdy and well built!
EDIT: Seems like this model is not really popular on my local ebay (italy). I can only find really high end models for 800+ =(

I've seen a couple Luxman integrated on my local Craig's for about your budget (black face/early Alpine era)
There are some really nice looking vintage models out there!

Last edited:
Didn't know this brand before, It looks very sturdy and well built!
They are/were and had a very good rep. They went under and sold the name and it's more of a home theater company now.

The unit I posted is really a passive preamp and a power amp in one box, they where built at low price point but to give bang for the buck in quality sound. Kinda the less in more principles and if you need a phono input you'll need to add a stand alone, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Kinda the less in more principles and if you need a phono input you'll need to add a stand alone, which isn't a bad thing at all.
I would connect my turntable through a Pro-Ject Phono Box I already own. Thanks for all the infos.

I was also considering something vintage such as wood grain models but I do not know if going with such old hardware (70's) worths the money. Would they be reliable? I have to say I am proud owner of some Marantz Imperials speakers from '74 and they work perfectly o.o

I was also considering something vintage such as wood grain models but I do not know if going with such old hardware (70's) worths the money. Would they be reliable? I have to say I am proud owner of some Marantz Imperials speakers from '74 and they work perfectly o.o

Well on a site that has a lot of members restoring and repairing vintage gear you tell me after paying for a 40-50 unrestored will get you. Some will also say the Acurus DIA 100 Mk II is getting long in the tooth and should have caps replaced. However I bought one 2 years ago and never had a problem with it, it never needed cleaning or anything to work or keep working and it's used daily. On the other hand I'v had many major brand pieces from the 70 to the early 80s and they all needed something or something would happen to them after continual use. So mid to late 90s 2ch gear is a good option IMHO if the goal is to listen to music with good sound quality.

In that price range I'd be looking at lower end Sansui AU integrateds or possibly a NAD integrated.
I really enjoy both my Sansui AU-217 and NAD 3140 integrateds and both those were in this price range.
Both have excellent SQ and are very enjoyable to listen to,and both are pretty easy to find most places too.

For me both ^^^^ those ^^^^ integrateds are keepers.

Next step up would be a possibility as well (AU-317 -or- NAD 3150).
Bonus points awarded for units with the pre-out/amp-in option.

All of them also have decent sounding phono sections as well,if that matters here.

JM2¢

Bret P.

You should also look for Saba, Telefunken and Grundig. These brands were far more popular in Europe, and will be in the voltage you need. All three made decent integrated amps which should be able to be found within your budget.

Sony TA-F444ESII can be had for $50-75 in USA. Not sure what Italy price would be. This is a true ES unit with build and sound to match. Also has MC phono which makes it more versatile. Only downside is that it is not remote controlled.

Kenwood and sony tend to go for lower money, but you are getting great bang for your buck. Toshiba, Hitachi, Mitsubishi are also very good!

As I see it, and I'm very much into it, vintage gear is a long term investment. You buy the gear, decide if you really like it, and if you do, you get it restored. If you don't, it moves on, but with issues addressed. The whole idea is that you don't want to invest in the cost of a restore unless you intend to keep the gear. Because you won't get back what you put into it for the next decad, unless you bought it dirt cheap!

Hi Pentotark,
As Bilbo says, lots of Kenwood gear in my part of the world seems to be priced very reasonably.
I also often see Technics gear go for a song.
The US market may differ a lot from the market in Italy, though.
Perhaps asking for specific details about what you see on the market locally will help knowledgeable people to provide useful information.

You should also look for Saba, Telefunken and Grundig. These brands were far more popular in Europe, and will be in the voltage you need. All three made decent integrated amps which should be able to be found within your budget.

If your speakers are super efficient, if you like lower power (often radiogram or barely more powerful). If your speakers are 100db/1 watt/1 meter and 4 ohm, then you're golden. NAD is sensible in the 35-50 watt/channel class and drives reasonable European speaker options in the modern world. ReVox is more common in Europe, a bit more than your budget but a nice option. Later model Grundig like the FIne Arts series might be good. Luxman has some nice Alpine era options. And some of those two channel black face Luxmans are a lot of amplifier for not much money, sound great, reliable, and nice power for the price.

I see you are Italy, not sure how costly is shipping but hifishark.com is a great place to search once you decide you can narrow it down to Italy.
Technics are great amplifiers and rarely cause problems. SU-V8 ( if you can get one cheaply it would be great), V6, V7, V8X, V660 etc. All the other amplifers are fine also, but i only know Technics, any old school amp will be nice :)

If your speakers are super efficient, if you like lower power (often radiogram or barely more powerful). If your speakers are 100db/1 watt/1 meter and 4 ohm, then you're golden. NAD is sensible in the 35-50 watt/channel class and drives reasonable European speaker options in the modern world. ReVox is more common in Europe, a bit more than your budget but a nice option. Later model Grundig like the FIne Arts series might be good. Luxman has some nice Alpine era options. And some of those two channel black face Luxmans are a lot of amplifier for not much money, sound great, reliable, and nice power for the price.

Sometimes there’s more gear out there than remembered. I gave the OP two unique listings from the brands I mentioned.
I grew up with European neighbors and their friends. Thus, I pored over the electronics catalogs from overseas in their houses. Those brands had some better and higher powered gear by the 1980’s. Good used stuff for the $.

Last edited:
MCS was not sold in Italy, where our OP is from. US JC Penney stores only. Also, I'd recommend Rotel as a good option from the same era I mention.

Back
Top Bottom