Looking for an integrated amp

I was hoping someone would have given me compelling reasons to get the A-S801. Lol.. I pulled the trigger on the A-S501, black. My wife thought from the pictures that the white letters on the black face was easer to see. It should arrive next week!

Congrats on your new Yamaha! :thumbsup: I bought the Yamaha A-S301 recently and I'm loving the sound of it! Yamaha makes great audio stuff for the money these days! The "Loudness" control is great for toning down the brightness of CDs, makes them more enjoyable.

I'm not sure but it kind of looks like the Yamaha a s 1000 is being faded out and the 801 is going to take over , a couple of places I looked up the a s 1000 said discontinued anyone hear of this? I'm goin to run the 1000 in my basement stereo system and my 2100 is for main system in the living an dinning room. I'm trying figure out how to down load some photos of my system, it consist of the Yamaha a s 2100, Onkyo 7030 CD player, pioneer Pl 514 TT with audio technica 440 mlb cartridge, also have a like new signet MK110E mc cartridge I purchased in 1978, JVC TD V621 cassette deck a dennon 800 A cassette deck, Marantz 2020 Tuner and XM radio that I do a lot of recording from. I really like BB king blues view , an Deep tracks stations.

Congrats on your new Yamaha! :thumbsup: I bought the Yamaha A-S301 recently and I'm loving the sound of it! Yamaha makes great audio stuff for the money these days! The "Loudness" control is great for toning down the brightness of CDs, makes them more enjoyable.

I'm a little late to the party here, but I too have the Yamaha 301. It's paired with an Onkyo 7030 CD player and a pair of Elac Unifi UB5 speakers. It is a great sounding amp. I find the loudness control works great as a midrange control. I'm picky on how the midrange response sounds and while I love a forward response I don't like the harshness either.

Last edited:
I'm a little late to the party here, but I too have the Yamaha 301. It's paired with an Onkyo 7030 CD player and a pair of Elac Unifi UB5 speakers. It is a great sounding amp. I find the loudness control works great as a midrange control. I'm picky on how the midrange response sounds and while I love a forward response I don't like the harshness either.
I see you have the Onkyo 7030 CD player to I've had mine about 2 years. Thinking I might upgrade to the Marantz CD player that cost 550.00 I bought a couple of CDs and my headphones to the HIFI store and listen the Marantz , and to tell you for the 160.00 or so for the Onkyo the Onkyo sounds better. Sometimes the higher prices is not always better .

Sometimes the higher prices is not always better .

Yes Rich, I agree. One has to be careful when spending money to chase good sound. The benefit curve starts to flatten out pretty quickly, especially if you have 55 year old ears like mine :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom