Looking for some component info for a Fisher TA-800

Dave P. Love to see some pics of the old girl if you have the chance. Not many of them on here.
Will do... I have it working as well as it will for the time being by klugeing both one side of the volume control and one side of the balance control with some extra resistors. So until I can find or fabricate something to replace them the balance shifts with the volume and it has to be re-balanced. Plus I'm still considering my options for a cabinet. I've made a heat shield to fit between the output tubes (which now have a bias adjustment to keep them from cooking) and the output transformers and just today I received a low noise AC fan that I'm going to use to force some air around the output tubes. I had to do some other things too so that when I get done (which probably won't be until late this year as I'm shifting my hobby time focus to my vintage Volvos as the weather gets better) it'll look and be a bit different than when it was brand new - but damn these old guys sound nice !

Will do... I have it working as well as it will for the time being by klugeing both one side of the volume control and one side of the balance control with some extra resistors. So until I can find or fabricate something to replace them the balance shifts with the volume and it has to be re-balanced. Plus I'm still considering my options for a cabinet. I've made a heat shield to fit between the output tubes (which now have a bias adjustment to keep them from cooking) and the output transformers and just today I received a low noise AC fan that I'm going to use to force some air around the output tubes. I had to do some other things too so that when I get done (which probably won't be until late this year as I'm shifting my hobby time focus to my vintage Volvos as the weather gets better) it'll look and be a bit different than when it was brand new - but damn these old guys sound nice !
Check out Dave G's thread on restoring my unit. There's more in that thread than you ever dreamed was available on the TA-800. Also recommend McIntosh Cabinets as well. Built like a brick and gorgeous. They are a bit pricey but will outlast me! The website says they don't make a cab for the 800 but it is the same dimensions as the TA-600.

Back
Top Bottom