Looking for something like pandora, only based on favorite songs instead of artists or genres.

Discussion in 'Streaming Services' started by olson_jr, Nov 21, 2017.

1. olson_jr

olson_jr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Not knowing a single thing about Pandora myself, can anyone help gekko23 with his quest?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. SWL3600

SWL3600 Super Member

Spotify has radio stations based on:

Artist
    Album
    Genre
    Song

....that I'm aware of.

3. E.Auer

E.Auer Super Member

Accuradio does pick based on what you rate, but don't most all Internet radio type things do that?

Eric

4. gekko23

gekko23 Member

Yes, but I'm looking for something that will let you list several songs as basis for a radio station that will suggest songs from other peoples stations when these other peoples stations contain one or more of these songs you listed. It's quite a lot faster than waiting for the songs you like to come up for voting.

5. Gazdatronik

Gazdatronik Super Member

i have found that youtubes algorythm is pretty spot on. Its songbased, and i have discovered a lot of obscured bands that make music like i like.

About half of what it finds for me is not on the common streaming music apps.

Just start an account for your music only, type in and click every song you like, and the suggested list will fine tune itself to your tastes.

6. SWL3600

SWL3600 Super Member

I forgot, Spotify also lets you create a station based on a playlist.

Make a playlist with all the songs you have in mind, then do a radio station based on that playlist.

7. Rockyhill

Rockyhill No marigolds in the promised land Subscriber

Tidal has a Playlist Track Radio function. I haven’t played around with it but will when I can observe it.

8. gekko23

gekko23 Member

Thanks! I'll try that :thumbsup:

9. gekko23

gekko23 Member

Cool. I'll try that too. Just a shame there's so much music missing on Spotify. Youtube is much better in my experience. Then again I'm using Jango now, and it's possibly worse than Spotify.

10. Killer Fox

Killer Fox Super Member

Really? What's missing that you are looking for?

The feature you want is called "Playlist Radio". It utilizes a playlist you specify and then adds similar songs/artists. My wife uses it a lot and loves it. Our custom playlists have about 200 songs each so it works really well.

11. SWL3600

SWL3600 Super Member

I'd say of all the music I was looking for on Spotify, at least 95% of it I was able to find. At least.....

So, I'm also curious what type of music you're searching for?

12. gekko23

gekko23 Member

I listen to a lot of different things, and some of it is hard to find anywhere, but even pop songs are missing on Spotify. Or it will have a live recording, a cover version etc instead. I've heard many claim Spotify have «everything», and it's very far from the truth. Youtube is a LOT better in my experience, at least with the rare stuff. Spotify may have more full albums. I usually search for single tracks.

beat_truck likes this.