Looking for the WOW factor in a tuner

PabloTincho

I am looking for a good tuner, with 5 gangs, early 80s digital and with a gray panel, and it has to have the wow factor, so far I have;
can you guys help me out ?

Akai AT-S55
Akai%2BAT-S55%2B2.jpg

mitsubishi da-f30
mitsubishi%20da%20f30.jpg

Here's maximum bling in a tuner. The Pioneer F-93. Shiny black though.

Pioneer F-93 bling closed.jpg Pioneer F-93 bling-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some more...(images from the web)

Aiwa AT-9700
2iw7fj6.jpg

Carver TX-11 (b prefersble, a model also good)
p2165364468-5.jpg

Hitachi FT-8000
Innovative-Audio-Hitachi-FT-8000-F-1.jpg

JVC FX-1010
jvc_fx-1010tn_digital_synthesizer_tuner.jpg

Perreaux TU-3
TU3%20large.jpg

Phase Linear T-5200
7693-1-1.jpg

Got most of these ideas from fmtunerinfo.com

Except when you've got a limited budget and want a silver face plate.:D

You can get an MD tuner in silver...even a limited edition gold version of the 101A was made. The MD FT11 isn't very expensive. I think spending slightly more on a Magnum Dynalab makes a lot of sense. They still service and support every product they have ever made. Older models are even sold factory direct after an extensive refurbishment process. You can buy an MD once and be done and know that no matter what model it is the company is there with service and support.

I guess you missed the smiley at the end of my post. Seriously though, the OP seems to want digital everything and isn't quite as concerned with ultimate performance. That said, there's many tuners that will fit the bill and be excellent performers. It would be nice if the OP listed his typical listening issues. No reason to go for super selectivity, for instance, if there's very few stations on the band. Likewise, if he's in a high multipath environment, it would be nice to know that.

I think the one i likes so far are the Denon TU-767, Akai AT-S55 and mitsubishi da-f30, do you guys know how close is a mitsubishi da-f30 to the super tuner mitsubishi da-f20 ?

Back
Top Bottom