Looks alone: Best looking equipment?

marantzs.jpg
Soo much better than a black box with knobs!

Kenwood KR 4600

One of the reasons I bought one is how good it looks. I like the depth of the back lit tuner and the blue color.

s-l1600.jpg

Was trying to decide on getting a pair of towers from a friend for a giveaway price because they look sooo PRETTY. Really they do.

A pair of "Pure Acoustics". The shiny glossed finish on this model "77" is remarkable! No speakers should look this good, eh? Some muscle car paint doesn't stand up to these tall towers. They are also as heavy as they are good looking, but after hearing them, they just didn't hold up to my expectations...way too mid ranged for my taste. They have a sub set up on the bottom which points sideways I guess in order to not take up more space and to keep the slender profile. this might be a design to play down the base overall?

Wish I could display them, but lack the PC skill to do such. Gotta work on this when I get the time.

Didn't buy them after more listening and others who chimed in on another thread who said that reports on them were not the best and that the insides were prob not up to snuff as was the outsides.

Anyways, just another "can't judge the book by its cover", eh?

Q2

Wow, the Pioneer SX-5570 posted a few pages back... Now a Marantz receiver is no longer a given as my next step, but there is a lot of beauty to be found there as well. I also want to +1 the Sony STR-7065, it's so handsome.

Looks was a big factor in my first setup. I think my Sansui AU-7500 is quite sexy and stylish in a refrained kind of way. The AU-9500 has the same style:

au-9500.JPG

Empire Troubadour turntables are beautiful in my opinion:

ee42fc7ce171d700ad58de6012c36fc7.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom