Lumix DMC- FZ200 Bridge Camera

Nightcleaner

I'm quite impressed with the Zoom see what you think, I took a photo Of "The Isle of White Needles Light House" From "Bournemouth Pier" Its According to AIS 13. 9 NM away . The Camera was hand held
The Lines running left to right are a Zip Wire Running of the pier To The Beach

25 - 600mm zoom with digital zoom switched on . What is digital zoom for anyone any pro and cons

Attachments

• P1020785.JPG
    P1020785.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    426.2 KB · Views: 13
Normally digital zoom adds pixelization, esp when taking a picture then cropping into the pic.

Back in the day, I had an FZ3 for a portable camera and I was always very impressed with it. It was a 12x or 15x but that really is a lot of zoom. It even had an f2.8 constant aperture! I may still have it around here somewhere.

I sold a few shots I took with that camera and more than paid for itself.

In DSLR terms that's akin to having a full frame body, a 20mm prime, a 24-70 and a 70-200 lens. Obviously there's quality and depths of field differences there, but that's most pro photographer's entire kit in terms of focal lengths. And that's my old camera. Yours doubles that!

In general, I'm not a big fan of those huge zoom ranges and in my opinion, unless you are a spy, most of that zoom range is bragging rights and not often needed. It's fun to play with, but the novelty will die off pretty quickly.

I played with a Nikon P900 recently and that's a pretty damn impressive camera. We zoomed in and took a picture of a bird in a tree across from our work and the birds wasn't even visible to the naked eye yet the pic was pretty sharp. I'm sure your Panasonic is right there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom